about graphic programs

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ok.
every day i get one or two private messages from people who ask me what program i use for my sigs.
so now i decided to make a thread about graphic programs.

first of all, the most professional sig makers use Adobe Photoshop
u can get a free tryout version here
Adobe is now the best program by far, but it takes a while to learn using it.
the bad point of Adobe photoshop is the price... its very expensive, i think its around $450,-

second, also used alot.. Jasc Paint Shop Pro
its very much like Adobe Photoshop, but also very expensive, and still not as good as Adobe Photoshop.
u can get a free tryout version here

now this is a very special one: GIMP
it was originally made for Linux, and its a free open-source code program. now its also for windows.
it looks like a clone of Adobe Photoshop, and alot of photoshop tools are in it. it stil has some bugs, and ugly things in the interface.
u can get different versions, u can get a 11MB version here
but this version isnt compatible with most updates of the program.
so theres also a better version here
this is the best version so far... to export the files to GIF you'll have to download a patch.
this version is 100% freeware, so its easy for all people who dont want to spend hundreds of dollars for an expensive program.

hope that will help.

#edit:
ok, one more..PhotoImpact
Its not as powerful as PhotoShop, but is only $100. Only problem is it is still far inferior to PhotoShop, so it takes longer to make things. I have no major issues with it and it works fine for me, so order it now for only 4 EASY payments of $24.99. S&H is $6.50 for the continental US and $10.50 for Canada.

Best answers
wow that should prove very helpful, especially the last one that's free because I know I wouldn't pay up to $450 just to make sigs that for sure. this should be a sticky also.

sorta ot: ps. anyone wanna make me a breakdancing sig pleeeease I'm dying for one?!

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hey you forgot PhotoImpact!!! Its not as powerful as PhotoShop, but is only $100. Only problem is it is still far inferior to PhotoShop, so it takes longer to make things. I have no major issues with it and it works fine for me, so order it now for only 4 EASY payments of $24.99. S&H is $6.50 for the continental US and $10.50 for Canada.

Im not a salesman, Honest. o_o

Best answers
also u forgot to tell them to look for tutorials, because if they bug you asking for what programs u use..they sure going to bug you on how to use them.

SO MAKE sure you look for turtorials on the program u get, also try to look into filters...:fight:

Best answers
I have adobe photoshop 5.0 special edition. It came with my digital camera free!

Best answers
Microsoft Office XP
Adobe Photoshop7
Windows XP Prof Corp
Microsoft Visual Studio 6
Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
3d Studio Max 4.2

I got all this stuff for free, just use gnutella network and warez sites. There are even ways to get free hardware, but I wouldnt want to spoil that secret.

Best answers
Just Look On Kazaa or Imesh U Can Find One It And Download It Tjere,i didn't have to pay nothing for PhotoImpact :]

Best answers
umm... kazaa is the gnutella network rofl. KaZaA is a client. Gnutella has morpheus, kazaa, xero or whatever, crapster, etc all on the same network yet some clients better then others. I prefer kazaa and ftp sites.

Best answers
One more thing. If you wanna know how to get the free hardware email me [email protected] ;)

The free hardware isnt a joke with hidden payments or bull**** popups you see. This method is different. Take note I won't give it out to everyone.

Best answers
There's also Corel PhotoPAINT, which I actually prefer to Photoshop just because the layout is more logical. It's basically just the Corel approach to Photoshop, is similar in many ways, and for half the price of the Adobe counterpart you get Corel's entire suite witch includes DRAW, TRACE, and RAVE; which is their versons of Illustrator, Streamline and Flash respectively. (RAVE sucks by comparison to Flash). It's worth a try if you're going to use the software professionally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom