Good Idea?

• Good Idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This Is Not about Duel Servers, Dont Vote Till you have read the whole post plz!

Ok, I deleted my old thread since its makes no sence.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
My Idea is this, letting players duel each other, while not adding anouther game play mode.

My examples will be in FFA mode (Free for all) I doubt this idea would work well in team play mode.

Same as JK2's Duel key, if you know that, dont bother reading.

This is my dueling idea.

Everyone, at some point, has wanted a one on one fight, but it is annoying to start a new 2 player server just for that, since you get boerd of endlessly fighting the same guy.

Why dont you add a "Duel key"

- when your playing in a sever, you can press your duel key while faceing anouther player, this player will get a message up saying "*player name* Wishes to duel you"

- the player will then press his duel key and both players will get a message saying "You have entered a duel with *player name*"

- They get something to show they are dueling, a new kind of aura, or something like that to show that they cannot be hurt.

Now for trying to explain how it would work. the players in the duel will be called "duelers" to try to make it easyer as i explain..

The duelers will be invinsable from beams, melee, or anything outside of there duel, and like-wise, they cannot hurt anyone but there opposing dueler. They can hurt each other as normall, but cannot use senzu beans, this will stop people dueling for a long time. The duel does not end untill one of the duelers are killed.

• Duelers will not get Health back after, or before there duel starts
  • You cannot back out of a duel once it is started, you have to kill, or be killed.
  • Only a set number of duels can be going on at one time, this will stop a whole FFA server from just being alot of duels.
  • If someone offers to duel you and u do not wish too, just ignore there offer

[ESF]Blade was the person who told me too re=post this ok, so dont say i just posted this again for no reason :D

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actualy want it in the beta. Fighting someone with melee then all of a sudden BANG you are both killed by a beam coughhibikicough. Having a dueling mood would be really cool.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's a fantastic idea. I hate being in the middle of fighting a specific person then bam, I'm dead because some other guy hit me from behind.

Dueling = excellent idea

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Being an avid JK2 Player, I would have to say I like this idea, and I think it can be applied, in a hypothetical sense, to ESF. Coding-wise.... I haven't a hot clue what to do ^_^

Best answers
Perfect explination! Amazing idea.... I love the idea because it makes playing for newbies a bit safer, fact behind it is that a newbie could try and stay in duels and get his skills up.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by SSJR@bbit
Perfect explination! Amazing idea.... I love the idea because it makes playing for newbies a bit safer, fact behind it is that a newbie could try and stay in duels and get his skills up.
yea, dueling key can have so many uses

• People haveing tordys
  • just dueling for fun
  • and newbies who want to get there skills up
  • etc :p :p

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I think its a great idea and would love to see it implemented somewhere in the future, im also a JK2 fan and really enjoyed the duel option in the game

*fingers crossed*

;D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
would be cooler if u could do like 2 on 1 duels

but i think there shouldnt be a limit on the amount of duels cause dbz is mainly 1 on 1 fight no a free for all melee battle

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Tepus
  • Only a set number of duels can be going on at one time, this will stop a whole FFA server from just being alot of duels.

like i said then hib? :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great Idea, I really hope they implement it.

Ascended Player Elite
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Ya I think it would be a great addition aswell. ;)
But so would a deuling mode game type.*like in JK2* :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no tepus not like u mean people should be able to do a whole server as duels

ultrassj_vegeta

U
like a duel server??? that kinda thing wud be good for like tourny maps and stuff

2 on 1 duels wud be sweet tho, becoz u'd have to watch the other player as well and the other two players could like plan thier attack or something, just add some more gameplay to the thing

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no not like a duel server i mean a ffa server where unlimited sets of people could go into duels

Best answers
I just want to say, in my view a duel would be better if it was just melee.... think about it... you blast around shots... then when both are weak or low on energy they fly close and duel it out... wooooha now this is the best idea I've seen yet!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Hibiki
no tepus not like u mean people should be able to do a whole server as duels
Hib, no offence, but can u make a thread about duel servers cos i dont want this mixxed up! i hate the idea of a duel server if u ask me. So dont mix it up, cos the votes will be stupid, go make ur own thread >_<

Best answers
I like the idea :yes:

An extra game mode in the already great game.. if in a server nobody likes it they don't have 2. Lot's of coding though ;D

Best answers
As long as they add an "ignore all duel requests" tickbox in the menus.

Best answers
Originally posted by catfish
As long as they add an "ignore all duel requests" tickbox in the menus.
U simply dun press the button
but its not a bad idea, i mean i hate it when im trying 2 play and 2 friends r always ging at it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sounds like a good idea.. but what if you were on a server with 3 people? if those two people duel, that one other person is left to watch... to do nothing.... to kamehameha himself to die... ahh how fun :S also, what if u couldn't kill anybody because those people are in a duel! lets say everyone was vegeta! it would b hard to pick point the vegetas that weren't in a duel rite? but sounds like a good idea with MANY people..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom