Half Life Wont Work

Best answers
its asking me to put in a cd key number, there is one on the back of the case and it don't seem to be working........
ive tried patiently for 10 mins but i give up , what do i do now?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
search for a key-generator, in this case you have no choise!

Best answers
If you just bought the game bring it back, because the cd key on the back of the case should work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by gandalf
search for a key-generator, in this case you have no choise!
key-gens are still illegal
"you have no choice!" ??? ;/
his cd-key don´t work, but that doesn´t give him the right to steal some1 else cd-key

Best answers
heh i took it back and got a new one and it works =) but.... when i try auto update with half life it doesn't seem to update, it tells me my connection with the internet is invalid? um im on blueyonder broad band internet, (Cable) should there be a problem?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Try going to half life won site and tell them the problem

Best answers
Auto updating isn't very handy, just download the patches :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Sephiroth_Renzo
heh i took it back and got a new one and it works =) but.... when i try auto update with half life it doesn't seem to update, it tells me my connection with the internet is invalid? um im on blueyonder broad band internet, (Cable) should there be a problem?
i have to same problem
just try sierra.com, there you can download the patches

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I just hate those damn cd-key stealers!
I was forced to buy a new one last year because suddenly my cd-key was invalid and I could get another game because I had it for about 1year! Thats why I hate those terrorist! Yes I know I said something that I am not allowed to say on this forum, srry for that!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
never, ever, EVER update in HL by HL. We from Sierra forums all agree it ruins more then it fixes. Go to fileplanet instead. Yes I know. You got waitinglines but atleast you can be sure they have the file. If you got another site also cool but never use the autoupdate. EVER. don't push the nuke button. Don't use it.

Best answers
Originally posted by gandalf
I just hate those damn cd-key stealers!
I was forced to buy a new one last year because suddenly my cd-key was invalid and I could get another game because I had it for about 1year! Thats why I hate those terrorist! Yes I know I said something that I am not allowed to say on this forum, srry for that!

When your CD Key get's so called stolen it will not become invalid but in use.

Also, with cd key generators you will get a cd key but you won't be able to play online with it (it's invalid for online, you have 1/10000 chance you'll generate a legal one).

So it's almost impossible for someone to steal your key, unless it's someone you know.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yeah, you could be right! after all, I had the game for a year at least!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom