Map Skies

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok well, I know it's standard on the Q3 engine, and I was thinking that because ESF is going for so much GFX, with maps and models and sprites, etc., etc...

Maybe you could alter the engine to have moving skies like Q3? And yes I know the skies work differently in Q3 but it could work on some of the maps that are closed off at the sides.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is not ever going to switch engines.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Sierra Sonic
ESF is not ever going to switch engines.
Good to know, now how about saying something that relates in the smallest bit to what I posted. :rolleyes:

Best answers
He's saying why don't we make moving skies like you see in Quake 3. Well, to put it frankly...we can't :) :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, can't the HL coding be tweaked for it though? That's what I'm saying.

Best answers
It doesnt really matter, Its not as if your gonna sit there looking at ther sky or anything.....are you....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by _Raven_11
It doesnt really matter, Its not as if your gonna sit there looking at ther sky or anything.....are you....
Well in any sense, your not going to sit there and look at the trees, or the textures, or the models, your just going to fight. So you can really battle your own comment to death just with it's own meaning.

I am saying that because ESF is trying to be so Graphically advanced over the other mods for the HL engine, maybe they would also go the extra mile to add animated skies. Because even in the anime, clouds tended to move across the sky.

Best answers
Can never want enough can they?....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are you talking about? I'm just wondering if it's plausible with the engine and if because ESF wants to have that GFX advanced look, it could aid them in their pursuit of it.

Best answers
That Would Be A Good Idea To Add Moving Skies But It will take the beta longer.Is That Even Possible To Add Moving Skies Though In The Half-Life Engine?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sierra dont spam

and hl couldnt do moveing skys because of the skybox thing though they could do it if it was apart of the map it self but taht would look totaly messed up cause u could touch the moving sky :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not really, you could always add an invisible barrier some before the sky.

Best answers
actually if they had to code that thing in i think it would cause more lag.
so my opinion. NO

Best answers
ok:

gameplay of esf:

to get stronger and to kill ppl to get stronger

do u need a moving sky there???

or just look at the dmz map dmz_goku

i dont know why many ppl like it. it lags terrible. and why??? because of the clouds. just look into the sky and u see clouds. that ****s my connection adsl which is enough for everything but the damn map. just imagine, when it would move, even more lag.

it would really disturb the gameplay. only the server guy would have an advantage. while other ppl lag he can simply kill them. after the lag happend, the ppl are death and the server guy has 5 millions. enough to finish everybody of.

Best answers
Originally posted by Master-Dorn

i dont know why many ppl like it. it lags terrible. and why??? because of the clouds. just look into the sky and u see clouds. that ****s my connection adsl which is enough for everything but the damn map. just imagine, when it would move, even more lag.

That's not lag. that's a slow computer.

Frankly, a moving sky would be a cool idea if it'll work in HL.

Best answers
Originally posted by SkulkMaster
That's not lag. that's a slow computer.

Frankly, a moving sky would be a cool idea if it'll work in HL.
you think a athlon 2200 doesnt run hl smooth??? with geforce 2 gts 32???

hahaha

no it causes lag.

like in ns, where are very many entities on maps. they are going to the limit of the hl net code.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom