beta1...success? or not?

Will ESF be...

• HUGE to start off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Small but gain momentum.

• Go out as fast as it came in.

• Become a game that only hard core gamers and fans alike that will play it.

• THANKS TO THE TEAM IN ADVANCE FOR MAKING SUCH AN AWSOME GAME AND GOOD-LUCK WITH YOUR GAMING CAREERS!

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Best answers
I know this is the wrong question to be asking on the ESF boards cause you all are gonna pretty much have the same responce.

But will ESF beta1 be successfull of the beging?
It took a while for DOD (Day of Defeat)to gain popularity.
Personaly i think this will be bigger than DOD and Action.
And i hope for the ESF team that it is a success and leads to much bigger things.
Although, I dont think it will be huge right away.
It WILL gain momentum!
It WILL get BIG faster than most games!
But also comes the question that the faster it comes big,will it go out the door just as fast.
Then comes the realse of future betas' and more audiance.
Only time can tell but we can speculate.
And for one of the lots and lots of people waiting i would like to thank the ESF team in advance for such a great game and GOOD-LUCK now....and in the future!

Sound Artist
Best answers
I was wondering too if it was gonna have like 4 servers or hundreds.... guess i won't have to wait for long;)

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
those last 9 words were mean :p

and I think and hope it will be compareable to natural selection but a little smaller I think

Best answers
umm i think this aint gonna go well, as good as this mod will ever be, its still DBZ, its not gonna be taken seriously by the half-life masses, i mean look at DOD, i put a few filters on the search and im only getting aboot 200 dedicated servers.

if it aint CS it aint going now where

Grim but true, im voting for the last one

Best answers
This game is gonna be big look at the number of people registered on the forum and many more to come!:rolleyes:

Best answers
Theres no way we can tell!! unless we are beta testers!
But all we have seen is pictures and small vids the rest is censored. If we knew everything in it then we could say how it would be.

The outcome of this game will greatly depend on the gameplay if the gameplay is **** it doesnt matter how good it is it will loose popularity but if the game play is good and it does look good it will explode even more than DOD did.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Duece
Theres no way we can tell!! unless we are beta testers!

We = I r tester and yes I think it will be a huge success. The amount of time the team has spent really makes esf a high quality mod.

Best answers
natural selection had a grip of people to start off even though it is kinda a alien vs predator meets cs but still i think esf will be big

alot bigger than dmz thats for sure

Best answers
my god if these guys dont get on a offical game for comp or somthin thats sad, my god this game looks tight and beatiful

AND REMEMBER THIS IS ONLY A BETA TEST (KEEP THIS IN MIND) THE BEST HAS YET TO COME MY FREINDS

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this mod will be big, not ns 200 dedicated servers within the first day big, but big enough

Best answers
Thanks for all the feed back!
Only time will tell and with that said lets just wait for the beta and have fun playing it weather its big or not!

Best answers
My personal beliefs for this mod are. It can be a big hit in the half-life mod world. It will attract new crowds just as CS did...back when CS started (or when I started to play I should say) there were not many servers. This was back in Beta 5. Hey nows its the most popular game to play on-line. ESF is a game thats stands out! I should be a giant hit just as NS and CS has had in the past.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it will be big, but nowhere near as big as some other mods out there cuz let's face it, it's DBZ!! Most people consider DBZ to be a childish cartoon, so they wont have the urge to download the game!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not many people know about dbz.So they would be lost in gameplay.Only people in the dbz communty would watch.Cs is a shooting game people dont have to know anything.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Emeka650
Not many people know about dbz.So they would be lost in gameplay.Only people in the dbz communty would watch.
.... around 40 million people watch dbz.... besides I got my friends who do not like dbz to play alpha 2.0 and they loved it because it is different then the rest of the stuff out there. Now they cant wait for the beta.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not going to be as big as NS, but it's probably going to be a lot bigger than most mods ever achieve. My vote was good luck with their gaming careers, not based on the potential success of the mod, but based on their skills in their respective areas. For being a mod base doff of something (therefore having certain limitations on what they're allowed to do) they beat the HL engine into submission. Anyone who can make something as old as HL look this good definately has appreciable skills that will serve them well in the future. I'd say their abilities are in the upper echelon of all modders.

-Karrde-

Best answers
Originally posted by [ESF]nighthawk
It would be if those $^)$%@! at PHL would post the stuff we send them. :p
I visit PHL often. I only saw Mr. Smo's DMZ cell and piccolo models. How often do you send them stuff?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom