levels need more complexity.

Best answers
I think the level size is good, they seem to be pretty big, in kame's island apparently takes 40 seconds to fly across, but the levels are still predominantly wide open space. You can still see pretty much everything. Once you get a bunch of people in there at once, theres not going to be much strategy going on, theres very little place to hide yourself or duck behind or hide things.
This could potentially be solved by more buildings or structures to go into(above or under ground), a level could be small but very complex and it could be harder to find people in a winding indoor facility. Just a little something to give the level more depth. Is there a new city level in the works?

Best answers
The majority of DBZ fights happen in an open space. Besides, you'll need as much room as possible to avoid them beams and such.

Best answers
true, but also most of those battles were one on one. I just think complex levels make for better gameplay and also less likely for the levels to get old.

Best answers
i think it would help to facilitate many players, making it to where some of them are isolated from the others, you cant see everyone at the same time. Having a lot of players in a wide open space slugging it out, i think that would get old quicker.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is a dbz mod... it's supposed to be fast paced. If you want to hide, don't play it, go and play hide and seek outside, just pretend your hiding from the evil Vegeta jeez.

This mod is meant to have alot of action in it so that you don't get bored. I tell you right now if i'm playing and some idiot is always running behind buildings and in them, then that makes the game a piece of shit.

Best answers
you do have a point there. however, with the opportunity to run comes the opportunity for the other person to hunt you down. you cant hunt something that cant run.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And remember you have a scouter.And there is a scale down.So you cant really see the person

Best answers
yes, im interested in seeing how that all gets to work out. I would personally go for so much scale down that it would be silly. scale that sucka down, hardcore

Best answers
ROBIN... Now trust me when I say this. tht map was meant to be wide open. and the are places you can hide. if you go into the water it is not very esy to find you. As for making the mps more complex well... They are. I don't think Zero or myself could have done a better job making the mpas the ay they are. Once you have played the Beta you'll find this true.

Defenestrator
Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I'd just like to support esf_STRYKER on this subject.

The maps are built for a purpose [fast paced DM dbz style] and to that end, they perform beautifully.

Some of the testures and landscapes are just awesome, and on the whole, ALL THE MAPS PWN!

Now pipe down and pay the men the respect they've earnt ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
several things

first of all dont spam up the forums with crap like
::hands over a five of clubs::
second dont comment on stuff u havent played yet :p

finaly dont dubble post just edit ur last post and add on what u want

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you would have hiding places,people would start camping ,And i don't like it when people are camping like in the first cell_arena_map,the only thing they do in that map is hiding!That isn't much fun you know! ;/

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OMG don't alk about scouters yet please, it makes me druel(if this isn't spelled right it's sometin to do with spit comin out of your mouth when you see sometin hot!):p

Best answers
cool no camping...
but can ur scouter blow up??? say u read somebody's PL/Ki and its so high that the scouter blows up and takes 10 hp off u??
or how about when ur about 2 die, on less than 10hp, the scouter gets damaged....and u cant c anything on it anymore??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom