power-up da site

Best answers
January 10, 2001 - Ministration

Whoops! My Bad!

If you happened to see the previous post up here, stating that we are dead, that isn't exactly true.
It is true in the sense that the same old Power-Up crew some of you might have learned to adore have ceased production on the mod.
It isn't true in the sense that a new team has wished to take on the task.
Recently, I have been emailing back and forth with "Dr.Evil". He has set up a team to make a Power-Up Dragonball Z TC, and was wondering if I could use my pull through this site to direct people to his. I, of course, was glad to do so because this page isn't going anywhere.
Anyways, without further adieu, The New Powerup
Good luck with this, guys. Oh, and VERY cool Flash Intro! I love it!
- Ministration
click on the link of the last news of powerup

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yep, Im pretty sure that that is it, cuz if u click on the link that says "The New Power-Up", it leads u to the old esf site!!

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ministration!!! He was a nice guy :cry:

Best answers
LOL.. I remember that site... Ah the begining of it all. good memories!

Can't believe evil is still trying to make the power-up mod. I mean we did kick him out. ohh well. Good luck ol chum.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Emeka650
I didnt know esf use to be powerup
I don't that ESF used to be power-up. I thought it was that ESF team members worked under a different leader, who made power-up, but left it and went to Masta, who started ESF.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by esf_STRYKER
LOL.. I remember that site... Ah the begining of it all. good memories!

Can't believe evil is still trying to make the power-up mod. I mean we did kick him out. ohh well. Good luck ol chum.
He is? Do thay have a new URL cause those 2 links up there are very outdated heh

Best answers
I think there was a thread about this a couple months ago. Lemme clarify.

Around the second month of me being in Power Up, I suggested Dr. Evil wasn't a good enough leader for what we needed. Sometime that april I believe Myself, Masta, Stryker, and a few others jumped ship and started ESF, leaving Evil to do whatever he wanted.

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did he stop or is he still working on power up? and does it have a site cause I'd love to go look at it and ask hi mstuff

Mog

Best answers
dbzm joined up with power-up didnt they? i found that site around jan 2000.
wow, that means esf's kinda been around for 3 years now!!

i didnt know all the old mod websites were still around! :shocked:
does anyone have a link to 'final battle' website that they had before they quit?
that mod ruled, i wanna see it if the site's still there... shame they got scared of funi :cry:

Best answers
Originally posted by Majin_You
I don't that ESF used to be power-up. I thought it was that ESF team members worked under a different leader, who made power-up, but left it and went to Masta, who started ESF.
Okay here is how it happened. One day my brother *AKA* mastasurf came up to me and asked me if I wanted to map for a new mod called power-up which was ceing formed. I said I would think about it. (this is back when I was a freshman. Currently senior.) Couple days later I said sure i'll map for the mod and away I went. Making the very first DBZ related map. Thats the cell_arena map from the first alpha. Somewhere along the road my brother found a coder named Harsens. Then we picked up SS_Vegeta as a modeler. Pretty soon the 4 of us didnt like how Dr.Evil was running the mod. ( he was like 13-14 yrs. at the time) So we decided to give him the boot and change our name. The new name we thought of was well... ESF... so its been around 2-4 years that this mod has been going on. Including the time spent with power-up.

Best answers
LIES! I found Harsens! And the name ESF was also my idea. :p

Believe it or not, I found Harsens by searching for C++ coders in google. I got his home page and approached him with the position. How suprising it was when he joined up. Never thought in a million years I would have found someone so easily.

Best answers
heh... I still have your email lying around somewhere. I wasn't a part of the power-up team btw.

Best answers
*jumps up and down and chants* we want e-mail!!! we want e-mail!!....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom