Voices!

Best answers
Hi .. i am new and this is my first post .. anyways!

it's about the voices .. i mean when you do the attack and the character says the name of the attack .. it pauses until you release .. like .. when goku does a kamehameha .. it says ..
kaaaaa meeeee haaaaaa meeeee ..... *pause* haaa!!

i know this is due to the way attacks are used in esf ..

i saw a video of the beta "gukovsvegeta" and it's a bit old (i think it was like in April !) but in it the sounds were the same "ka me ha me *wierd pause* haa" (p.s. the voice in the video was japanese)

i don't know .. is it hard to make him keepsaying the "meeeeeeeee" while powering up the attack?! i don't know but just asking is it gonna stay like this in the beta?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its possible but it wouldnt sound good

Best answers
that allways happens in the series. they load up their kamehameha wave while saying kame hame. in the gohan vs cell kame power strugle both gohan and cell said ka me ha me 2 times b4 saying HAAAA. they say HAAA when they release it. the wierd pause is u charging up the wave so its stronger. In Goku vs Cell goku paused for ages b4 saying HA and firing

Best answers
Let me do an example.

*aim at cell*

Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
*ball charges*
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeee
*ball gets bigger*
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
*even bigger*
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
*gets even bigger, like shoots out*
*does instant transmission under cell*
*aims up*
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

that is not spam either....... that is exactally what happened during cell saga.

That's what it would sound like if you made it so they kept saying "aeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" while its not charging. What about when ur just holding the attack back? That constant "aaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" is going to make you want to beat the computer with a hammer.

Want to hear vegeta's version?

UAHHHHHHHHHH UAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WAAAAAAAAAOOOOOOAHHHHHHHHHH UHGHHHHHHH UGHHHHHHH FINAL FLAASH! UGHHHHH!!!!!
Cell: Oh ****!
*boom!*
;D

Best answers
posted by eaz135
the wierd pause is u charging up the wave so its stronger
i know .. i said
i know this is due to the way attacks are used in esf ..
and that's what i meant but i didn't want to say all those things you said (too much for me to type :p

posted by Hibiki
its possible but it wouldnt sound good
heh .. sorry i should've explained my question well at the beginning
i meant is it possible to do it like what i said and getting it to sound good at the same time!!

like it starts like this:
*starting the attack* : kaaa maaaayyyy haaaaa maa
*poweing up* : aaaaaaaaaeee << this is not like a "aaaa" .. it's more like "ae"
*releasing the attack (letting it go)*: aeyyhaaaaaaa

this is a rough idea .. and other things might need some manipulating .. like delaying the release for 0.5 secs to say the "aaaaeeeyyy" cuz he is supposed to say "haaaa" before he releases (or at the same time) .. or if that doesn't work then there are probably other ways to solve this (letting him say "haaaa" before he releases the wave or just right when he does)
and how about for final flash .. while powering up he would say "uuuuuuurrrrrrggghhh" or something like that?

What about when ur just holding the attack back? That constant "aaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee" is going to make you want to beat the computer with a hammer.
you mean like cancel the attack?? well in alpha you can't cancel the attack after it reaches the certain point (where the pause starts) .. dunno in beta .. but you can make any sound or any thing to make it like he is no more doing the attack ..i don't think it's a problem! :scared:

:: EDIT ::
oh the constant "aaaaeeee" .. if you mean like it would be just "aaaeeeee" and would be stupid .. well no it can be good .. like it should calculate what is the maximum time to power up (i think it depends on ur PL) and make the sound so that it fits this time and doesn't just go "eeeee" after the "aaaaeeeee" ends!
not sure if that last thing was clear ..

my english :no:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it would never work right

because the sound would have to repeat and it would never fit perfectly and its way too much work to do

its fine the way it is

Best answers
Originally posted by Hibiki
it would never work right

because the sound would have to repeat and it would never fit perfectly and its way too much work to do

its fine the way it is
this is more easier to explain:

in esf a kamehameha is longer charged than in dbz. in dbz, he charges it for about 5 seconds, in esf longer.... and if he is charging it for like 10 seconds, there are scenes where other fighters say: thats a big kamehameha.

i think you hear the kamehameha often enough so u dont need such a detail.

ultrassj_vegeta

U
u hav like a 3 second pause at the most.. wow.. how long u gonna hold the charge for?!.. rmb esf is faster now... i think...

Best answers
I agree, it's fine now ; ka-me-ha-me *charging time* haa.

Works for me.

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, the problem with this idea is, that u don't know how long a player will charge, like what would happen when they wnat to release the atrtack early? then he would be like

kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee *player releases attack*
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

that would be weird?

Only if u make the ka +me + ha in the first loading thing (like till the point where u fire it) and then the mee in the thing where ur charging till full power, so the mee would be very long.

And what if a player chooses to hold his attack. Like secondary fire in alpha2.0 then what would happen? meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee? eternal me, that would be irritating I think, and very hard to build in I think.

I would lave it the way it is, doesnt bother me

ultrassj_vegeta

U
well... rite now they hav it up to the last ha..... so its like ka me ha me...... ha!!... i think its fine the way it is.. i swear sum ppl r so picky

Best answers
if u want it too sound perfect release it when its at minimum charge which should be just after he says the final meee

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've got a better idea. The team sghould just hire the actual VAs to make new voice clips for them :S That level of detail is unnecesary. You'll be more focused on playing. I doubt when you hear a K wave being charged you'll stop and be like "Hey that sounds really coo-"*BAM*

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is nothing wrong with it.I like it.But have it in a powerstruggle that everytime you push a huge amount of ki you ahhhhhhh

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We had that in a earlier alpha version. Instead of the charging sound, the guy would be like - meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee * 2 hours later * eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee -, it was rediculously stupid. The charging sound is much better and less annoying.

Sound Artist
Best answers
Originally posted by Pcjoe
We had that in a earlier alpha version. Instead of the charging sound, the guy would be like - meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee * 2 hours later * eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee -, it was rediculously stupid. The charging sound is much better and less annoying.
Plus they stretched it to the point of sounding totally off.

Best answers
(shakes freedom)TEL US IS THAT BETA 2 >OR IS THAT A BETA1 SUPRISEEEEEEEEEE or yust a pic;/

Best answers
thats simply ssj2 gohan, so it is not beta 1. i dont know when they implent it, so we dont know. and i really dont wanna know that now. (joke)

i only want the beta 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom