servers

Best answers
i know the alpha esf has only 1-4 servers @ a time!! so i wonder will you guys take care of servers ( i mean make sure there some enough servers) for the beta?? or will you just leave it to fans?? how about open a server forum?? add a shortcut to make a didcated server in the start menu (like natural selection)?? add a section in the manual for how to make and run servers?? and make a section in the site for the same purpose? :paper:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the reason why there are no servers is cos people have got board of 2.0, im sure when the beta is out there will be 30-100 servers, max and min. ppl like myself will be hosting high speed dedicated servers for ur enjoyment too :p

Best answers
Tepus I love u!!!!
not in a G*y way, not that there anything wrong with that but

Best answers
Well I Was Talking To Somebody The Other day and he said that servers cost like 50$ a month,is thast true becuz i doubt it.:]

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Epedemic_Optikz
Well I Was Talking To Somebody The Other day and he said that servers cost like 50$ a month,is thast true becuz i doubt it.:]
You could do something like rent a server. But if you have a relatively nice second computer lying around your house you can use it as a dedicated server.

I did that for CS a while back, and will probably do the same for ESF Beta.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
same, im hosting a dedicated T1 server on my comp, and if i feel the need to join the game and flex admin mussle (or something) i can use my dads comp

lifes great, btw, HI ET...jus saying hi

ok im going to bed now;/

Best answers
i want a server forum :p lol

at least someone tell me why my server doesn't show up on the server list? and i have zoneal;arm .. do i need to open some ports? what are they? i am behind a router but i did demetralized zone or what ever so i guess no problem with that? and my xp firewall is off!! but zonealarm is on!

Best answers
As enough of these people have said, Alpha just isnt fun anymore... And I'm hoping beta isnt that far off either! *crosses fingers*

I'll look forward to owning some of you when beta comes out, muahaha! :talk:

Best answers
yeah, i think it's a good idea to make a server forum, with a few stickies about what servers, what pings, how many people, and times when online!!!!Also to report broken servers or help with creating them!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alpha is fun.jiust that people are waiting for the beta

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
pat, it would be spamed to hell with "er.. im makeing a server now JOIN" and thats it.... with like 3 ppl posting dedicated servers, i dont think a new part of the forum is needed, just a sticky in esf chat...

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope there are a lot of good servers for the release, and not a bunch of laggy 18 person fan servers on DSL and Cable connections.

Best answers
there should be a server forum!! not to sticky some ip's but to help people willing to host the game and to discuss server issues and all that!! i mean look around you! even some CS forums have a server forum! who needs an additional cs server?!?!?! :\ so there MUST be a server forum here!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there will be many servers in the 27th of november even my serv.So dont worry.Ull have enough servs

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I might run like a small 4 person server (what can I say, Cable's good but still :p ) sometimes, but I bet samll games might suck :p

-Karrde-

Best answers
Originally posted by Optimus Prime
I hope there are a lot of good servers for the release, and not a bunch of laggy 18 person fan servers on DSL and Cable connections.
Hey, don't knock DSL ... you can actually make decent servers with that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom