2 suggestions before the beta comes out.

Best answers
I think that the mod looks awesome and I can't wait to play it. But I believe these two things would help out gameplay. By the way I'm not sure if I know the whole story too, so I may be wrong.

1. The diamonds should only indicate a friend, during teamplay of course. A diamond should not be placed upon an enemy, because that takes out the fun of finding the enemy and guerrilla warfare. Maybe that's how it's already done, but I know it will only add to the fun of the game.

2. I believe the explosion resulting from a beam blast should start from the blast spot and move out, not the present blast coming in. This would also add to the game's fun. For example, when the blasts hits the ground, the diameter of the blast should quickly expand. Currently, the blast starts big and moves back in. Not only is it inaccurate of DBZ's, the anime, explanation of the explosion, but it will also cause cheap kills. I believe it would be better to (try) evade an expanding explosion rather than to be caught in a unpredictable blast radius.

Great work on the mod though, it looks great and I have high hopes for it, even if you don't agree with the suggestions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Field Marshal

2. I believe the explosion resulting from a beam blast should start from the blast spot and move out, not the present blast coming in. This would also add to the game's fun. For example, when the blasts hits the ground, the diameter of the blast should quickly expand. Currently, the blast starts big and moves back in. Not only is it inaccurate of DBZ's, the anime, explanation of the explosion, but it will also cause cheap kills. I believe it would be better to (try) evade an expanding explosion rather than to be caught in a unpredictable blast radius.

Great work on the mod though, it looks great and I have high hopes for it, even if you don't agree with the suggestions.
I think thats how it is how, the beams start small then "blow up" like real explodeions;/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its impossible to see people with out the icons

Best answers
yea thats my one complaint about esf....i have never seen an "explosion" implode in dbz....:S

has this been changed? i know in the goku vs. vegeta video they still imploded.....so..im assuming they still implode as of right now?

Best answers
eh...i still think they look a little wierd....but oh well...i dont really care that much....

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*points out that this is a game, not a tv show*

Personally, I think the explode-implode concept kinda gives ESF its own kind of graphical flare.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it would be impossible to make it exactly like in the show cause it would lag up like no tommarow

Best answers
im not saying it has to be like the show...but like in dmz...their's explode....

and NO im not implying that esf should turn into dmz.....just saying it can be done....their EXplosions look fine and don't lag me......

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The explosion gfx is explosion gfx. The damage is dont instant, and the explosion goes outwards to look pretty. Its impossible to outrun an explosion, unless it was a scaling entity which WOULD cause lag...

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
and theres your answer everyone! and how can you tell if we're telling the truth? I believe joe coded it to look pretty and you can always wait a week for the beta :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am pleased that a date has been set, and I hope you an meet it, but watch yourselves, for if you fail to meet it, the Noobs may anger.

As for the topic, I havent read anything on it, IM just witing for i, but I would suggest that the diamond be color coded for IFF(Identity Friend or Foe) purposes.

Note: With all due respect:)S) Hibiki, I don't need one of your wise cracks.

Ascended Player Elite
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
You should be able to toggle the diamond markers on and off like the scouter. :talk: :D :p

Best answers
i agree with the red dots, it should only show green or friendly players as like in bfp where we use to play hide and seek :p

Best answers
Ok I had this cool idea to make the explosions look even more pretty. When ever an explosion touces some solid part of the map dust sprites could come out, they could be similar to the power up sprite only be brown and great and stuff.

This would rock if it was also applied to water..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom