Beam Controll

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Hey I was watching the video of Gohan fireing off a Kamehameha(one I found in the dev journals) and I have a question about controlling the beams. In the video he didnt really look around much but the beam was able to completely circle a mountian. Is there different buttons you can use for just beam controll in the new version? The beam was able to go backwards and Gohan was looking straight.

Btw mod is looking great. The beams are much better than the ones on the first release :yes: But have the beam's graphics been changed from last alpha? Kinda looks the same, I cant tell. :]

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
nevermind.got sometin to do with sorry the adminastrator has decided about blablabla post every 120 sec.:S

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I was wordering myself if the beams are easier to control beter then alpha

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The controls didn't really changed except the beam control is now much more sensetif.The beams have changed they used to look like seperated lines connected to eachother well not anymore.(Question answerd thread closed)

Best answers
thread closed....ok mr. wannabe mod....:S

it has to be more than just "more sensative" to make it do a 360 degrees circle around that mountain......he barely moved his mouse.....can you steer with movement keys now?

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well you answered one question, and it didnt really help...
Let me rephrase the first one, do you still steer the beam with looking or with keyboard buttons?

**********EDIT********** Wow replies to my thread within 15 secconds of posting! O_O

Best answers
thats what i wanna know too.....and im not really believing you cold steel considering your not a beta tester and u registerd in september....

The Viking
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
i said the controls haen't really changed.sorry if i wasn't clear,but it's still done with the mouse and no keys.and slash i'm not a beta tester,a team member said this in a previous thread.And you really should believe me.

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
LoL I just looked at my regestration date and it was last year, about the same times when the new forums went up, Im not a heavy poster am I? Ive been ghosting for a while ;)

Best answers
maybe the team member was lying to hide a suprise of new steering?

ok and even if it is more sensative...how the hell did he make it turn around in a circle without looking behind him.....he barely moved the mouse at all....

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Thats exactly what I was saying, I am verry anialitical. I guess thats why I understand deep meanings in books. (My english teachers love me) :D So maby it is a suprise, or they meant to mention it and slipped.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold steel you dont know.Dont answer something unless your a tester.Or show a tester saying that.You cant just make a guess.Maybe you are right but they will never believe you.You havent been here long

Best answers
lol .. that's easy to answer .. or to guess an answer at least!! when u move ur mouse while firing a beam the beam will turn not you!! and ur view prespective won't rotate.. it will follow the beam i think .. so if the beam goes to ur back i think that's when u would turn back!!

btw i can do a spinny beam in dmz but i can't really control it cuz i won't see it!!!!

[==][EDIT :::::]

so i thought the only way to control it is if you don't spin when you move the mouse while firing!! only the beams should spin .. and that's how i made my "guess" or i w'd rather call it a "conclusion"
pix:

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Well its people like him that make the world go round, cant you see we need him? lol. If you are making a guess then say so and if some teamster said so then quote him, find the post and quote him, lot less arguments that way :] but complaining wont get us anywhere, its just a simple topic question.

and do you know that fo a fact that you dont turn, but the beam does? In the video of gohan fireing it his whole body turned, and so did the beam, so there must be 2 control variables, gohan and the beam have seperate controlls, that makes sense to me, but I dont know, wil la team member or beta tester post please?

Best answers
he spins cuz he is looking at the center of the beam .. that's my guess ofcourse!

EDIT

err .. i just watched the vedio again!! he is not following the center of the beam!! maybe there is a controler for the body whil beaming .. maybe "A" and "D" make you spin instead of strafing" when you are firing!!

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Yes that gohan video does raise a few questions. Maby we are looking too much into it and the tester that took that video just knows how to controll really good. o_o

Best answers
cool down and don't get crazed :tired: just relax .. wait for the beta and see for yourself!!

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Crazed?!?! :shocked: WHOES CRAZED!?!o_o :shocked: o_o

lol just messing, I think I can wait for the release to find out for myself, but the suspense is killing me. Im anxious to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom