yeah but i only have 56k

Best answers
i am on a 56k, come on i have alpha, yeah that was 40mb that i can deal with but 100mb i don't think so, do you think i could find it on CD...:cry: :cry:

Best answers
Find someone who does have cable and let him burn it on cd for you.

Best answers
Originally posted by bignad
i am on a 56k, come on i have alpha, yeah that was 40mb that i can deal with but 100mb i don't think so, do you think i could find it on CD...:cry: :cry:
Y dont u get something like Godzilla or something and resume it everytime u come online... i mean i have 56k aswell, but wot i do is i go 2 sleep and let it keep downloading!..
100megs aint dat much 1ce u download Huge files almost everyday

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What ssj wogasm is saying get download accelarator + but i will probably leave it on the entire night it should be finished by then and if not i will leave it on till it is.

Best answers
well it depends....some users will b on a "disconnect after so many hours" ISP,..(like me :D)...so just use GetRight and download whenever your online....takes longer but u will get it eventually...

ultrassj_vegeta

U
get a frend to download it and burn it if they hav burner and like good net conection

Best answers
downloading 1 gigabyte with 56k is an art. but it is easy. turn getright on, sleep, then when u want to play something on the internet stop it, then when u want to dl again resume, sleep, and i think then after one week u have it.

but now with dsl things are easier :D segmented downloading with getright, making 100 kbs... 1 gig = ~ 1000 megabyte

1 mb in 10 seconds = 1 gig in 10000 seconds = ~ 160 minutes = 3 hours. u can make that while u sleep because often sum servers blow up so u only have 90 or 80 kbs, but usually u sleep 8 hours.

Best answers
Thats assuming u have a friends so lucky ^.^.... actually a good idea would b to go 2 one of those Internet Cafe places if one is near u...they usually let u download and write...

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm on 56k and downloaded that monster every week. You can do it . . . steady as she goes.

And incedentally, you can't make it smaller, sorry.

Best answers
what i might do is this, get an ftp up and let 56kers resume dl from there, yes i have cable but its for security. But best be get downloadaccelerater, doesnt nessarily give u boost but finds fastest dls for u

1 question though, i heard thereare 2 versions of esf 1 with mp3 player, 1 without or it mightve been a suggestion i dunno:confused:

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LMAO, Cuc. That's sooooooo gotta suck, dude :p

-Karrde-

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Wow, Im taking my cable modem for granted, lol I need to appriciate it more, Just realize how good ive got it compared to the 56k'ers. :yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
u can always buy it on cd from fileplanet

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Its better just to dl it, its free, and its guaranteed to come, and it will take a long time for them to send the cd to you, be quicker just downloading it, Get download accelerator or other resume download software.

Best answers
yeah when i was on 56k i always downloaded big files (like 200 megs sometimes) just like eery body said get some accelerator resumable thing and go to sleep and let it download! or find a frien who has a cable, or maybe if ur school have a cable (mine does :D and i used it sometimes to download the stuff) they might not let you but you can still do it ;) if u use ur head :scared:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im on dsl and it takes me 25 min to 1 hour too download it.So for you 56kers out there i feel srry for you guys:cry: :p

Best answers
WOGMAN!

Im getting it from a cable connection we both live in Sydney

put 2 and 2 together

I'll burn u a cd wih beta and the halflife update now arnt i a good friend!

Best answers
Originally posted by bignad
*sigh*

I have a 33.6 connection and i get big files fine, no worries! Just put the download on at night and leave your computer on and when u wake it will nearly be done, or just lot of it done.....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i got a T1 line so i can download it in about 25 seconds heh

I used to have a 56k thou, i did do big downloads with that, all u need to do is use getright, so stop whineing ppl :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom