Long Suggestion about a block/counter button

What do you guys think?

• THink?? man am still reading!!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cool idea but um can half life handle it??....

• Maybe but better yet how bout...

• Nah that wouldn't work cause.....

• What's a matta for you eh? you wanna put poor hans into the loony bin?

• Total voters
Best answers
Long Suggestion about a block/counter button

edit: i ment harSens in the poll options not hans lol
Since hearing about advance melee i though i'd give this suggestion a shot here.

This was copy and pasted from another forum where i orignally made the suggestion. (AND EDITED TO FIT THIS MOD, well still being edited anyway)Well untill they moved and lost half of the post made there. (including this one, but this suggestion did get alot of positive feedback. soooo here we go..)

I think it would be cool if the block button would also act as a counter button (yes i know about zanoken but here me out). As far as blocking goes you would press the button to block an attack and thats that (whether it waste health or ki or whatever).

With that said, (and assuming this wasn't suggested before) i think it would be cool if you can do a counter attack. When you press block inconjunction with pressing a melee attack or ki attack button (though that might have to make shift or ctrl the block button, not sure about that one though). This all assuming there would be a lock-on mode similar to zoe. (when in advance melee)

This could work like in some games that used that type of move. Like in zoe (which i think was automatic, never really tested it to see if it was something you could do yourself, anyone can help me on that one?) if you pressed a certain button at the right time (at least i think) you would do a counter attack, saw it happen but was never sure of how i did it.

part 2 the explantion of death!!

Anyway what would happen is your character would quickly zanoken in the opposite direction (or in a chosen direction, ill explain) of the direction the opponet was facing, at the same time your character would automatically turn around to face the opponet, whom should have his back facing you, or you would be above or below or at the side of him and you would do a melee attack if you pressed the melee attack button (which would differ if there was a punch button and kick button of course)

If you pressed the shoot button your character would shoot a ki blast (or if you taped the button your character would shoot multiple ki blast). This would all happen in quick session. (basically to cut all that talk short you would do what you did in dbz legends, when you counter attacked but a 3d version of that)

As far as what direction you would zanoken and attack that could maybe depend on either what direction your foe was facing or what direction you tapped inconjection with the block and attack button.

For example lets say some one is facing me face to face and they do an attack if i time the the small combonation right (which would be block+foward+attack, in my case if it was implemented it would be shift(if that was block)+down+right click(if there was just one button for punch and kick) assuming there would be 2 buttons for punch and kick it would be shift+down+e(i would use that as punch) or shift+down+r(which i would use for kick) you would see an animation of my character zanokening above the foe and doing an overhead smash sending them towards the ground. it doesn't really have to be a fancy animation, you would just see the character quickly move above the foe and smack them down (if a certain animator and coders where feeling lazy lol)

The insanly long suggestion part 3

Also about the counter attack the animation would be different depending on what direction you pressed, meaning if you pressed blk+down+punch you would do an overhead smash sending them down, if blk+up+kick you would do a flip kick sending them upwards, if blk+up+punch either an uppercut sending them flying upwards or a two fisted smash sending them upwards (kinda like the overhead two fist smash but in reverse) (if that makes sense lol err like this? / v \ / A \ ) this is all assuming that you guys are using a system similar to zoes, (when fighting in the air, and ground too I suppose) and that the characters are in close range, as well as that the person doing the counter pressed the combination quick enough. That way you couldn't just cheese everyone and do the move left and right, also it would take up some stamina so you defiantly couldn’t do the move left and right.

One more thing i wanted to mention is that a ! (in a noticeable color) mark would appear above your head indicating that you can do a counter. so you would just press the quick 3 or less combo of buttons and it would activate the counter.

I'll make more changes to these after i play the current beta, if anyone is interested.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is a useless idea to put in

for one simple reason

countering is already in esf hold block then when u get hit release block and attack u wont budge but u will send ur apponant flying away

not as fancy as the zoe or legends countering thing but it will do

Best answers
oh ok, i didn't play the beat yet so i didn't know, never mind then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom