Realistic Damage (or point damage)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If any of you have played Mechwarrior you know what I'm talking about.

Realistic damage would mean that when you get shot, punch, or your character was otherwise injured on a certain part of their body, you would lose health for only that part of the body.
This would mean a new health hud would need to be added. For my idea it would be a front view of the player.

At the beginning the entire hud would be green, indicating that you're at full health.
When you're shot, let's say in the arm, the part of the hud showing the arm would change color depending on things like your power level versus that of your attacker, plus things like the attacks strength. When a part of the body turns red, or gray, that means that the limb is unusable for attacks or movement if it's a leg, maybe forcing the players into using a one handed Kamehameha, or similar attack.

To avoid having a player with all his limbs damaged/blown off there would have to be a variable or something called overall health, which is affected by the cumalative damage to the entire body.

This would also allow for some instant kills. Head and chest shots would be fatal if one player is significantly stronger than other.

Thoughts?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont like that idea, esf is not the type of game i see that would work well with Real dmg

ultrassj_vegeta

U
wudn that take a while to do?... and also... its not reaaaly that important to simulate realism..... its dbz based.... mmm that'd be alot of animations then i guess.... like.. stead of just kame anim.. u'd hav kame 2 handed.. kame one handed with left.. then kame one handed with right....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, I know, a lot of work, but then I'm sort of talking about the fininshed version of the game, not exactly the next beta.

Best answers
Ive always been a fan of realistic damage in games, but esf? i dunno, when your hit in esf by a beam it tends to explode all around you, hitting every part of your body, Making it useless.
I mean someone fires a generic beam, it hits the ground infront of you, the explosion reaches you, some of it will touch your head (as well as every other part of your body) giving an instank kill.

Nice idea but not really for esf in my view.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This idea would be like the other idea of every body part being seperate, it wouldn't be doable in the HL engine because it would take alot of models and alot of coding.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SS: Well, the dismemberments woudn't be neccesary for the idea to work. And I can only imagine how much effort it would take coding/animation wise for this idea to work, but like I said, this is only for the fininshed version of the game. Certainly this idea would take no more time than any other features they have planned for future releases.

MD: Yeah, I know about the beams exploding all around and stuff, and that's okay because that's the way it should be. This feature would be more for like weak, or piercing ki attacks (eye laser, freeza beam, sbc, destructo disc, etc. . . ) and the advanced melee system Pcjoe mentioned for the next version.

Best answers
Originally posted by SA_Gohan
SS: Well, the dismemberments woudn't be neccesary for the idea to work. And I can only imagine how much effort it would take coding/animation wise for this idea to work, but like I said, this is only for the fininshed version of the game. Certainly this idea would take no more time than any other features they have planned for future releases.

MD: Yeah, I know about the beams exploding all around and stuff, and that's okay because that's the way it should be. This feature would be more for like weak, or piercing ki attacks (eye laser, freeza beam, sbc, destructo disc, etc. . . ) and the advanced melee system Pcjoe mentioned for the next version.
On the contrary, realistically the entire point would be dismemberment. In terms of DBZ, you don't have such things as location specific damage needed except when dismembering limbs. Generally it won't matter where the guy hits you, unless it takes off the limb, it's still going to hurt like hell no matter what. If the guy is going to say, hit you hard enough to break your arm, as Android 18 did to Vegeta, then they're also strong enough to make quick work of you to begin with, so realistic damage becomes a moot point unless you're going to add limb dismemberment, and therfore also logically add the ability for Piccolo, Cell, and Buu to regenerate any lost limbs. Otherwise it seems like there's not much of a purpose to have it.

Best answers
like a Big Kamehameha wouldn't blow up like the whole body?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom