Another idea for melee fighting..

Best answers
I was wondering if it was possible to add hyper fighting. The way it would probably work looking at the current melee system, is that if your very close range (right in front of them close range) and have melee toggled on you would double tap the melee attack button, you would then see an animation of your character punching and kicking like crazy. During that sequence you maybe can press the melee attack button again to knock them away (as you would normally do). To counter that or maybe defend it you'd press block, and then the attack button to knock them away as usual.

Or (if possible) you can do something much cooler (IMO) which would be a hyper melee counter, which is what you would see in dbz where one person is punching like crazy and the other is dodging all the hits, (if you remember the cell saga when gohan was fighting cell there was a part where him and cell where face to face and cell tried to hit him with a fury of punches and kicks and gohan while still standing in place dodged all the hits by ducking and leaning...ect) in the case of esf you would just see an animation of the character ducking and leaning left and right...ect (to show that they are dodging).

To do the move itself you would just press and hold block along with double tapping the melee attack button, you then see the uh hyper dodging lol, then press the melee attack button again and your character would kick the foe sending them flying. Anyway what do you guys think? (Is sure its possible since it’s mainly animations, and its kind of automated but uh what do I know)?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i like DBZ legends for PSX way of melee.. maybe if someway this could be implemented into esf.. the melee would rock!

Best answers
yeah thats kinda what i had in mind, i wonder if its possible to do this?

Best answers
Sierra Sonic said they are implementing a melee struggle system, kinda like what you're talking about. It's on the top of the forums if you wanna read... at least it is while I'm posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom