Might even help those complaining about melee

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, i've been reading the forums, and most people were complaining how everyone seems to be melee whoring. Now I am with their assumption with that, but give it time, melee will die down.

Now, to my suggestion, a beam knock back. Assuming most of you have played BFP you already know what i'm talking about, for those who havn't observe,

A certain someone is swooping towards another player charging a generic beam, the generic beam is launched and makes contact with the swooping opponent.

Now the knockback will slow the opponent down and push them back a little giving the beam user time to dodge/move out of the way of the swooper.

It would greatly reduce the complaining about whoring because besides block, another great way to stop swoopers.

(And I did a quick search nothing came up. If something is already out there like this, just tell me and i'll leave it at that.)

Best answers
yeah kama (from dmz fourms... lol uh huh your a spy!! aren't you lol o_o j/k)

I think i know what you mean, cause right now you can hold a beam attack in your hands fully charged (don't know if the manuel even mentions that), so your saying that it would be good for you to sort of kick the swooper back a little bit there for giving you more time to respond.... is that what you mean?

Best answers
Thats not a bad idea but i think it would be hard for them to make it though, im not sure. But not bad of a idea though:yes:

Best answers
Originally posted by Kama
Well, i've been reading the forums, and most people were complaining how everyone seems to be melee whoring. Now I am with their assumption with that, but give it time, melee will die down.

Now, to my suggestion, a beam knock back. Assuming most of you have played BFP you already know what i'm talking about, for those who havn't observe,

A certain someone is swooping towards another player charging a generic beam, the generic beam is launched and makes contact with the swooping opponent.

Now the knockback will slow the opponent down and push them back a little giving the beam user time to dodge/move out of the way of the swooper.

It would greatly reduce the complaining about whoring because besides block, another great way to stop swoopers.

(And I did a quick search nothing came up. If something is already out there like this, just tell me and i'll leave it at that.)
Beams were supposed to do knockback, but for some reason it never made it into this release.

Best answers
thats a good idea, and i'm glad it's already being implemented. well soon people are gonna learn to block real quick anyways, in order to avoid swooping attack... (ps: yes Kama! haha my old DMZ sensei)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright well with that answered and finished, I come to my next suggestion, jumping, I really like this feature in ESF with the high and low and even medium height jumps, but it's very hard to do much with a jump except go up, (I know that sounds very weird but it was used in many different ways in the anime.)

My suggestion basically, is let jumping occur on any surface. Such as pushing yourself off a wall to move higher and faster. To add a new degree of skill and teqnique.

I play ESF and jump around and it's fun, but in some levels, (especially the Cell games level,) It is almost impossible to do anything with the jump action. Mostly because the platforms are so high. Implementing a way to push yourself off walls with jump could/would enable you to climb or move your way to the highest areas and also provide a skillful dodge teqnique for the more inept players.

Best answers
Yes yes! I was thinking something about the jumping too. I noticed you couldn't go jumping up the sie of mountains. Once you hit a slope that has a slight angle you cant even walk on it anymore. And putting in some more jumping features would be cool. Currently when you run forward and jump it doesn't give you much distance, but plenty of height. that's cool and all, but i think if you are running while jumping it should give you less angle and throw you in that direction more.

Also, if you want to jump up high and then move forward, (onto a ledge for instance) you could just make mid air control heavier. Considering the Z characters can fly and move about in the air using Ki anyway, this still would be acceptable.

I think the jumping off any surfaces idea is good. But it would need to be controlled well. Perhaps make it so when you are next to a wall and you jump, you have to move into the wall and press jump to kick off it. Kind of like in JK2 where you can use the force to run up onto the wall and then press away for the wall and jump to do a kick flip sideways off it. (Only you press towards the wall, not away because the mid air control would pull you away from the wall then)

Best answers
Hah i agree with that suggestion about jumping kama suggested but i don't know if this is different about wat im gonna say.

ok now lets say ur swooping against someone and they in front of a giant mountain.u swoop at him,he swoops at u,u both miss but ur heading toward the mountain now as soon as u get to the mountain u "Right Click" by default to Kick off tha wall head back to the other guy and do a backflip kick in his face! Or u can just press "Space bar" by default to jump off.:]

i like that idea.

EDIT: AHH IM STUPID don't read this post,catfish just did but i didn't feel like reading it:]

Best answers
I think its a good idea but if your too dumb to block a melee attack and then complain about it then god help you :rolleyes:

P.S i hate melee hating crybabys ;)

Best answers
optikz - thats a bit diff from what i said but, if you think about it, if you kick off a mountain and continue swooping back the other way, the other player is still swooping AWAY from you. So you would have to be some pretty big PL above them to catch up to them.

Best answers
it's possible, I like that idea, but with spacebar instead of right click. and the jumping. There should be (like in normal HL) longjumps, like, hold control or shift and press jump and you jump farther, rather then higher

there's my imput

Best answers
Originally posted by [ESF]nighthawk
Beams were supposed to do knockback, but for some reason it never made it into this release.
That was because it crashed the first time i used it, because Joe put it in the wrong place.... It never got placed in right again somehow.

Best answers
Yeah the beam knockback should definately be implemented as soon as possible. Not just to stop melee whoring (which I don't find a problem with, I just say "If you whore, you're out the door." I'm a man of my word) but to make things more true to the series, to reality.
In reality if a big beams comin your way and it hits you it should either devour you or push you to the end of the map knocking you into space (Actually in reality if a big beams comin your way you need to wake up).

Best answers
i reckon:

if you swoop at someone and they beam you in time:

1. if you dont hit block before it hits (while you are swooping) you just get blown away, and lose copious amounts of health.
2. if you hit block before it connects to you, you hold up in the sweep and go into a block struggle with the beam.

big beams (non-generic ones) should push you back while block struggling as well, for that cool effect!

what does everyone think of adding more to the jumping? (off walls, long jumps etc)

Best answers
I like the long jumps and off wall thing... good lookin and that idea u juss stated is good too, keep up

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok guys, here's the suggestion of a lifetime, kinda, well I dunno, judge yourself, I thought it up awhile ago, forgot, then remembered again, then forgot, and now I remembered. Enough rambling,

This is for a powerstruggle, now, I was thinking maybe, the pses could be something like the arm wrestle with the inmate in the game, "Dead to Rights" where a bar would come up and you would hit buttons to slowly fill the guage and when it got to a certain point you could release it and push him further down.

This could be done in ESF I am guessing so that you could charge up some Ki and send a pulse through the beam by releasing the stored energy to push theirs back, of course this pulse could be added to the current ps system maybe by making a button that when pushed, activates this guage so you can store up energy to throw back the enemy beam in a losing situation.

Of course the longer you store up your Ki the stronger the pulse will be, the less you store it up, it could do diddily squat. Good idea maybe?

Best answers
Good idea EXCEPT that lame arse cheaters would make scripts that just fill their store-up bar instantly.

Check out the thread i started on a PS system, its like this but it incorporates accuracy rather than just button bashing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom