Melee good or bad you decide. (Official Melee Post)

Do you like the ESF melee system

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• It should be changed.

• Lets talk about something else.

• Total voters
Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since theres 100 posts about melee bashing and suggestions to fix it I will be blunt. This is where you come to talk about the ESF beta melee system. Good comments and bad comments may be made to a certain point. Also I will throw up a poll so you can decide for yourself what you think about it.

Also if I see a melee thread made it will be deleted and you will get a warning.

Note: All melee posts are going to be deleleted due to it just turning into spam and flaming.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im voteing no, im sorry

I like it, but unless ur on ur own for abit and theres a melee fight going on along way away and u want till them all, beams have become pointless... i liked beams

Best answers
facts

Beams are not pointless. they gain you power fast and kills. you dont see in a melee fight someone doing a kame while somes else trying to punch them.

Melee owns when you are good at it or bad it is great and adds speed it needs

piccon vs goku. goku knocked piccon away and started a kame. but then piccon swoop back and knocked goku away before he could start it. Esf as it gets folks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No... whenever i was in a server, and some tryed useing a beam, even on the off chance they fireed it before i swooped at kicked them, u just move out of the way of the beam and meele them...

Best answers
yeah, i was just playing with nightshade. he would knock me on ground then use ki blasts or generic ki beam to hurt my while im down.

and after i would die, i would sneak up, charge buu's mouth blast, and unleash it on nightshade.

and when they block struggle and it goes on for like 45 seconds, you blow up the whole damn map.

i give beams a :yes:

Best answers
you kick them around wait till they die then charge a beam. if someone wants to melee you then melee back. then shoot a beam when they are knocked down or something. It takes more skill to play esf now people dont like that so you get people who cry. Truth is beams are more powerful and better then melee. But melee is just fun :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NS, dont start a flame war "people dont like that so you get people who cry." the other theads where closed becouse of them, if u dont like the fact i have not found any real good reasons for beams, dont flame me for it plz.

Best answers
The melee system is great - if you have 2 people duking it out on a field, you can just as easily fly somewhere out of their distance and whip out your own attack and blow everyone up.

The only problem with that is if Friendly fire is on - I have yet to see friendly fire on though.

People will always complain when they can't find a counter for some attack - there is always a counter.

Block until the enemy runs out of energy.
Warp elsewhere, power up and do an energy attack.
Leave the server and go to a more balanced one.
Go eat some turkey?

:tired: :p :talk: :D
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow - like 4 posts in the time I read mastas post to me posting this. Oh well.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Best answers
Not trying start a flame war. I am saying fact is that people are doing this and kinda sad to see noone gives the game time before learning how to play. 5 mins into game people start flaming melee. So if i am flaming then i guess they ask for it because i was flame free till i saw this :(

btw tepus was not flaming you. just saying alot of people do that.

Best answers
Ive played enough..big games, small games, you name it. To me personally, melee is overpowered and boring. The fact that you gain an insane speed boost when you swoop makes melee horribly unbalanced. Also if you are hit with a beam, you will still be swooping and nail that person with a melee attack, thus they are in melee stun and they eat a beam and die. I like the melee system, it just needs to be balanced badly. All you people say to teleport or block. Well if you teleport you lose more KI than the person swooping at you does, so who will run out of KI first? If you block the head on swoop, how can you block the 3 that hit you from behind right after you blocked the head on one? Melee is fun for a bit, but once everyone uses melee and ONLY melee..where is the fun?

Like i said before, if i wanted tons of melee action..i can go play Hyper Dimension for Super Famicom. My vote goes for keep melee but balance it..it needs it badly.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure if you guys know this or not but you can "RECOVER" from a melee hit. When you get melee'ed hold your left mouse button and you will see your character do a flip and if you see someone swooping at you then use your BLOCK key to stop them simple as that. Melee is balanced either its you giving the beaten or you taken the beaten. Thats how all games work and what makes them good.

Best answers
I know about the recover after behind hit..its just most times you cant because there is so much crap around that you get nailed into something before you can recover. The only times ive been able to recover is if its a very open map.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yea, thats a great point, meele is fair, it works, and everything like that, but when ALL servers are doing nothing but meele, it getting boring, no one beam fights anymore

:cry:

Best answers
I think it should be changed, but only slightly. It needs variation and a little difficulty, aside from that the system is beautiful. I'd explain more but I kind of wrote a whole page post regarding it and it just got deleted so I don't know if I should bother cause maybe this will get deleted TOO! (hahaha jes kiddin I know u did it for good reason).

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have to learn the enviroment around you to figure out good strategies. ESF is a quick play strategy game really when it comes down to it. All your moves can lead to something good or something bad. Most idiots just go in there with their heads cut off thinking they can melee or beam someone to death but when infact they get their asses handed to them. Its a survival game the survival of the fittest and strongest and if you can't handle some little system thats in place then your in the wrong place.

Best answers
Most games as of right now are all melee games. You hardly ever see any other attack besides melee. Sure people claim to get kills from beams, but is that before or after you hit someone into melee stun? Its boring to see all melee attacks and nothing else. Whats the point of even having other attacks if no one is gonna use them cept after they melee someone to death a few hundred times? All the games are now is who can hit who first with melee to get the kill and some more pl. No more power struggles, no more making giant explosions with beams. We are stuck with watching people go round and round in circles because the melee system is overpowered. Yes you can block a head on melee hit..but what about the people who get you from your back? You can not stop those. If you teleport you lose more KI than the person swooping at you does. You WILL run out of KI before they even come close to.

Right now melee is THE move of the game. Much like BBA(Big bang attack) was for alpha. Melee is top tier right now and everything else is middle/low tier. The only thing i can see to stop most melee users are disks. What fun is a game that forces you to use a certain move just to have a decent chance to win?

Best answers
your right melee is the main thing. and that is how it is suppose to be. I went to a sever today and how a powerstruggle or 2 with beams. Melee is fun when you learn it. the beams are there for tools and yes you can kill people with beams without knocking them around. Melee is what dbz is all about. so is esf :)

if goku only knew how to shoot a kame he would be owned easy. same goes for esf. You guys want a dbz game that is based off show. they are giving it to you

Best answers
I haven't played yet, but i know that the team put a lot of time into balancing out the gameplay. I think it's possible that a lot of players aren't combatting in melee properly. A lot of the beta testers will give techniques on how to beat melee attacks. Often its a block and counter attack. I think melee SHOULD be the main thing in the game, because that's what DBZ mainly is. But so are power struggles etc. jut not great quantity.

Or another suggestion: Stick the game in team play mode? This way you got a team to help each other out?

Best answers
Yeah..it might be my personal opinion but all the melee in the show was boring. I liked all the big explosions and stuff. To me melee isnt balanced. Its like the top tier in this game..everyone has to use it just to have a decent chance to win. Being forced to use something to get some kills is boring and not that much for..to me anyways.

Best answers
i understand your point. But people force you to shoot someone in other games does that make it boring? you could run around with knife in counter-strike but get owned. Same goes for quake 3 and other mods. esf just the same. you got the tools to win. learning how is the hard part

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom