Couple of suggestions concerning Melee and Blocking

My Ideas

• I like em all!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like most of your ideas.

• I liked some of your ideas... a few need working on.

• I didn't like any, sorry.

• Total voters

Scruffie

S
First up a couple of Melee suggestions.

1) I mentioned this on the SoS forums once, so I'll mention it here.

When you Melee, there should be a small Melee struggle.

When two players swoop at each other, this melee struggle commences.

The PS bar appears, and an animation starts. The animation is both fighters punching each other, with their arms blurred. If one fighter is stronger, the bar goes in his favour, the melee starts moving forward.

During the struggle, you can use the right mouse button to kick, which makes the opponents head fly back, before he recovers and starts all over again. This costs a bit of your Ki, but does help you significantly.

When you win, you grab the opponents fist, then it holds (the PS bar is still up) while you choose, left mouse button for punching him away, Right for Kick, or some other button for Ki. Maybe you could choose what direction as well.

If you hold to long, the counter moves into the middle again and it starts all over. While you hold the opponents fist, his KI slowly recharges so you have little Ki when he has a lot after it restarts.

When someone interferes, like tries to hit you they just bounce back, as if they hit an invisible barrier. Beams would bounce off in a random direct, like when blocking Ki attacks.

2) When you swoop, you should be able to teleport mid-swoop. If you can already, forgive me, because I can't.

3) When your back is to someone, you should be able to hit them with a back wards kick or something, because if i teleport behind some, by the time I've turned round, they already no I'm there and start to block me.

4) When blocking melee, you should be able to block from all directions! In DBZ, when Goku blockes melee, he doesn't just cross his arms and hope they'll hit from the front! He moves with blinding speed to protect all sides unless the other fighter is stronger.

5) When someone is stronger than you, and I mean a lot stronger, you shoudn't be able to block his attack, that just wouldn't happen.

6) The Turbo speed should be the same as the swoop speed. It would be much easier to evade someone swooping at you.

7) For people who don't use scouters in DBZ, a small white misty um thing should appear instead, with the green red and orange dots seen on the scouter. I mean, when did Buu use a scouter?

Whew, there we go. Whadya think?

And I would like to add, please comment on the ideas. I notice someone checked the box that said some of my ideas need working on. It would be nice to know which ones. ;)

Best answers
1) I SUGGESTED THE SAME THING! Only not so in depth. You hit it right on the nose, I think that would completely own, cause it add's to the difficulty and makes things interesting.

!!!!!!!!!Go Here! Sierra Sonic says this is already being implemented!!!!!!!!!

2) I SUGGESTED THIS AS WELL! I definately think it should be implemented

3) That'd be pretty useful, but you can only kick someone if you know they are there. In the series, they didn't always know someone was behind them. In game you could just hold this button down, and if someone was behind you, they'd automatically be kicked. It completely eliminates surprise attacks. I'm kinda iffy with this one.

4) Same as above. You can only block in reality if you know someones behind you. If someone teleports, you don't know which direction they went so you'd be looking around for them before you could block. In game, as long as block is held it would block. It's kinda cheap IMO.

5) Definately! A 500,000 PL shouldn't be able to block a 20,000,000 PL punch. Also, to add more, I think if say, Gohan (10 PL) punches SSJ Vegeta (500,000), the punch shouldn't register if it's directly in front. The punch would have to be overhead or from behind to catch him offguard.

6) YES! TURBO NEEDS TO FEEL LIKE TURBO! The current walk speed is almost as slow as walking. The walk button should make you walk, regular forward should RUN and Turbo should be as fast as swoop, cause it's not like people can only go fast when they're targetting someone lol.

7) I was thinking of this as well, but then again when did Buu try to find Dragon Balls? He would need a dragon radar. and when did Buu use a dragon radar? It would be cool for the people who didn't use a scouter to just be able to sense energy, and have something else, but it's too much work for something so small, and I'm happy with the scouter.

Scruffie

S
Okay, you know someone is there because of the scouter. And the whole point of blocking is to stop and attack and maybe catch a breath?

Theres no point if theres someway to get around it.

Best answers
Scouter isn't always on, and the ability to block effectively shouldn't depend on a scouter being on or off.

And there should always be a way to get around something.

But, hey be happy they are implementing the melee struggle system!

Best answers
thats pretty much what i suggested too, but i just called it hyper fighting...

Scruffie

S
But my ideas different to the one that'll be implemented, or I think so.

I have a catchy fist finisher, and a kick half way through to turn it in your favour.... i wish that would be in it.

Oh mod gods, please make it so!

Best answers
i like all these idea, melee has too be more complex... and turbo isn't turbo, it's just full power... it would be better to make it faster

Best answers
you can teleport mid swoop. you do it by:

target your opponent
press swoop
when you want to teleport, press swoop button again to stop swoop
teleport where you want
press swoop again.

it takes some work to pull of the erite moves you want to do. making one button do it will detract from the game's play life.

I personally hav eth escouter on constantly. It's like how the DBZ chars can sense where people are by their PL. If you switch it off, its like you aren't sensing PLs. It might be a scouter, but how else would the team design PL sensing so you know exactly where everyone is?

Use your scouter. If you turn it off, expect to get kicked in the back. Thats what i say!

Scruffie

S
Well there you go.

Me like my my melee struggle idea... it just sounds fun to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom