animation - break things

Best answers
like when you shoot a kamehameha at a mounten --> and the mounte explodes or a pease breaks of thead would be cool

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Noobs!!! Half-Life has crappy support for breakable maps, so if there is any if any at all, there will be one or 2 small fragments of the map thast break off. >_>

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
well the problem isn´t the breakable things its just the fact that you will need atleast a 2Ghz+ Cpu.
The breakable objekts in HL realy know how to consume system power

Best answers
Yeah Shadow, who the hell told you that would happen in Beta 2? I think that'd be hard to do while keeping lagz0rz down, and... other stuff Sierra was talkin bout...

Best answers
yea cuz would you have to MODEL the moutain and amamate the explosions? that would hurt my 500mhz celeron processor

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, maps have a destructable terrain ani installed in HL.

But something they could do, is have PCjoe add his particle system to make rocks/smoke and pebbles explode when someone hits a mountain or a beam hits it.

Best answers
Well, you guys need to keep in mind that this is BETA 1. Not only is it BETA, but it is only the FIRST beta of ESF. Counter Strike went all the way to beta 7.5 before it finally went v1.0, and DoD went to beta 3.3 I believe.

We ARE planning to have more characters and MORE transformations - I am already working on the new models and textures for them. You need to realize though that if we took the time to put all of the forthcoming addons into this version, you guys would have had to wait at LEAST another year. Did you want to wait that long? I didn't think so......

Anyways, this beta1 release is also helping us to find bugs which only sprout out during intensive online play. This means that future versions of ESF will continuously have fewer and fewer bugs, which is always a good thing

Things that I am personally working on for the next release include:

- new player models and textures for further acending states

- revisiting old models and textures to bring them up to par

- possible re-do of the HUD system

- level creation with breakable entities (ie; you can blow shtuff up)

- possibly additional characters to play as (ie; Nappa, Cooler, etc)
Vassago
2D/3D Artist, ESF team

more proof here is the damin thread :p
http://www.esforces.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10194

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dude sure lets have those maps then, but if you lsoers with your voodoo cards and 300mhz comps cant play dont come crying if you suggested this.

Remember this stuff requires atleast a high end comp, made 1 year ago.

Best answers
I got no probs with that im runnin a 1.3gig with a geforce3 card :D

YAY me.. but you asked how i knew about it ^_^

just relaying what i read

Best answers
HELL YES THAT WILL ROCK! Sorry to people with slow computers tho o_o

if you havent noticed, there are already rocks and pebbles from joe' particle system when a beam hits a mountain.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they actually will add this then they should also create an option to put it on/off.this would meane that they will probably have to create 2 versions of one map or they could just create some maps with this in it.Personally i don't adore this suggestion.You will need super servers to support this.

Best answers
I hear ya Sonic, laggers are gonna be 8itchin!
Though I have a 3-4 year old comp.

HP Pavilion 6630:
Intel Celeron 500 Mhz
320 SD RAM (256 chip added)
GeForce 2000 (3D Prophet II MX PCI)
Road Runner (cable) connection

After some tweakage I can get ESF to run w/ all the added FX, high quality sound, particle system, and still get 45 fps, but it never seems that low, it's always workin top notch. If anyone has below this, well.. maybe it's time for a new computer, or a job :D.

For some reason listen servers run a lot faster than the dedicated and/or the linux for ESF. I'm sure the genius ESF coders can find a way to make the breakable terrain doable.

Best answers
no problem i got the fastest graphic card in the world
Radeon 9700 pro
pentium 4 1.7GHZ
768MB MEMORY
And DSL HEHE!!:tired: ;)
cant complain, im ready for the future betas

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom