Ok I Have Had Enough Of This Crap!

Best answers
when ever i try to play ESF sometimes, it gives me a CD key error saying that someone else is using my CD key...How do i fix it?

Best answers
did u buy halflife or downloaded it? if u downloaded it then ull NEVER EVER be able to play online

Best answers
that used to happen to me, but then it just stopped and it hasn't done it at all after that, don't ask me how i fixed it

Best answers
Originally posted by EaRSH0T
if u downloaded it then ull NEVER EVER be able to play online
Correction, you can actually play online. You just have to find the right CD-Key. They are pretty rare nowadays.

Best answers
it happens to me once in a while too. I just retry until it stops. Its usually the servers that are authenticating it...seems like the hl code needs some tweaking.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can only assume that you get that error because you did not buy the game and have an illegal copy. Which is hush, hush around here.

So my suggestion is to buy the game.

Best answers
u probs dont have a legit cd key
or
won sometimes have problems and give cd key probs. it normally fixes within an hour.
or
uve givven ur cd key out to 2 much people and valvue have deactivated it. ( happened to 30 of my cd keys >_< )

Best answers
You don't give your cd key to anyone unless your buying them the game. EVEN if it just activates it because later versions could create someone like WON (or battle.net) etc.

If you always have that problem your cd key is stolen or you gave it away.

another possible reason is what eaz said.

Best answers
Originally posted by Chrono Andrus
Correction, you can actually play online. You just have to find the right CD-Key. They are pretty rare nowadays.
Correction, you still need the original cd (1 from stores) or it will give you a VALVe error

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I get this sometimes. If you have actually bought the game you can try joining the server 4 times. The first 3 it will give you a cd key error but sometimes on the fourth it will let you in. Give it a try.

Best answers
see... I had money... and I bought HL... but that doesn't seem to be your style... here's what you can do:

1. Buy it

don't advertise warez/stealing on these forums.... -Mastasurf

Best answers
I get the "CD-key in use" error too , but I bought my hl in a store
and never lended it to a friend ! And mastasurf I also use your
technique just join a server 4 times most of the time that works
or I restart my hl .
WON is just crappy :\\

bye :cool:

Best answers
Originally posted by Muffsta***
that used to happen to me, but then it just stopped and it hasn't done it at all after that, don't ask me how i fixed it
That used to happen for almost every HL and CS player about 2 months ago when WON/VALVe was moving/updating their main server... it was a big problem for me and others until i read the official article @ cscentral.com, but its gone now, the only way i know how to get that error AGAIN (even if you bought the game) is to play HL or any of its of mods and quit them and try to play right away a few times, to fix all u need to do is restart ur computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom