Bots (Questions & Bugs)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got the bots today, set everything up & messed with them for a min or so (I had to leave, so I didn't have much of a chance to actually fight one). I noticed a bug (At least I think it is), if you type addbot x (Doesn't have to be x, it can be anything cept for evil, good, or any esf models), it will say something similar to Invalid model, try using one of the following model names: gina, gordon, helmet, barney, zombie, gman

I don't think it should be listing Half-Life Deathmatch models. I am taking a guess but it is probably because it detects player models in the Valve folder because it is the root folder. The bot works fine when using ESF models obviously.

Also, I have a couple questions about the bots. Is it possible to spawn bots with spaces in their names? I tried addbot cell "[ph34r] Bot" but it automatically removed the space. The other question is about team play mode (Which I don't use but if I do I'd like to know this), can you add a bot to a specific team (Example: addbot evil cell)?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, I guess I just forgot that output line for the model names :S .

I think the bot names are saved within the bot dll, so I don't think you can name them yourself...

btw, I recommend using bots in Free for All, since bots will Team Kill o_o .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the bot names are saved within the bot dll, so I don't think you can name them yourself...
I was able to name the bots but I wasn't able to have spaces in their names.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ughh! The bots don't work for me, sometimes they spawn & other times they don't. (I'll see them on the scouter but not on the map, like they are spectating, and the ones that spawn right don't even move or attack, the only movement I saw was after hitting a bot a few times, it started to walk very slowly)

I also noticed that it screwed up, precaching, alot of the hurt & death wavs don't get precached anymore!
Please Help!

Best answers
my bots werent doing anything....i typed addbot...they joined....and just sat there....

am i an idiot?

and i set it all up right .....they just wouldn't do anything in game...

Best answers
hey these bots are really cool, thnx Blade you rock, but...uhh. the'yre about as dumb as a bag of hammers tho :)

Best answers
when i type addbot or addbot goku or addbot goku goku in consose it says unkown command addbot? what do i do

Best answers
they should make a non attak mode where you can add like 5 bots that dont attack for shooting/melee practice

Best answers
dude, to stop the bots from attacking, type in "botdontshoot 1" in console, i don't know if it works but it does for me, the bots dont do anyhting, the just sit there but i think i got those commands from d/ling akimbot or sumthing, I don't know I'm tired lol

Best answers
vegito make sure you downloaded and unzipped the readme and the dll file to esf\dlls and read the readme, you need to rename a dll command thing in a file in your half life folder, then it should work

Best answers
i got the same the same prob ive done everything like put the dll in esf/dll and changed the liblist but it still dont workwhen i type addbot it says unknown command

whatdo i do fixxxer your realyy good could you help

Best answers
Invalid model, try using one of the following model names: gina, gordon, helmet, barney, zombie, gman
i only found this problem wen i typed in addbot without anything i dunno how u got it wen u actually stuffed addbot "something here"

i got the same the same prob ive done everything like put the dll in esf/dll and changed the liblist but it still dont workwhen i type addbot it says unknown command
i really hope that u av 1.
took away the hl.dll in liblist.gam or stuff // before it.
and removed the // from esfbot.dll
maybe u did not remove the hl.dll?
i hope u did it that way coz im a idiot who doesn't know

Best answers
Originally posted by super vege

whatdo i do fixxxer your realyy good could you help
did you unzip the bots to the esf\dlls or the esforces\dlls, its supposed to be in esf not esforces so double check that

Best answers
yeah i was wonder...how can i add bots that is a certain model...example: how can i add a bot that is the Goku model???? i tried typing "addbot goku Goku" but i got a vegeta model with the name Goku...so how can i add a certain model???

Best answers
Originally posted by -]SSJ3[-CrzyDmn
yeah i was wonder...how can i add bots that is a certain model...example: how can i add a bot that is the Goku model???? i tried typing "addbot goku Goku" but i got a vegeta model with the name Goku...so how can i add a certain model???

take a look to this thread for happy bots users only

maybe it can be usefull o_o

Best answers
these bots are so dumb attacking either nothing or their team and trying to transform repeatedly while being attacked.... it makes me want to pull of a move from marvin the depressed robot
'do you want me to put my head in a bucket of water?'
'no not really'
'well ill do it anyway'

im high

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom