💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why didn't you guys release a patch?
Do you think everybody is on cable/dsl? I deleted ESF Alpha 2
cause I didn't wanna download the Full version. Its not too late
to make a patch I still got the installer and im pretty sure most ppl
that have 56k felt or feel like I do. DMZ Better release a patch too :\

Best answers
you idddiooot its a whole new interface there is no point. Everything is new *EVERYTHING*

Best answers
Pround Prince I think they changed soo much if they did do a patch it would prolly be as big as the full version anyway and just use a download manager like Gozilla or GetRight and download it over night. It only takes like 10 hours on a crap connection and considering you'll sleep through most of that its no big deal.

Best answers
When I dl'ed it it took 6hrs, and yeah I slept on it. Just Dl it, its worth the wait. :D

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's an entirely NEW game, so there can't be a patch released like u said, think be4 u say something please... this only irritates ppl..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wait, so you deleted the alpha, the old version, so that you could download a PATCH for the new version? That makes absolutely no sense. Why would you delete your game and then get a patch for it?

Best answers
LOL, that does make no sense..but uhh.. anyways dude, this game is pretty much completly new, it makes the alpha look like it was a diffrent game..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the patch would be just as big

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Hitokiri
Wait, so you deleted the alpha, the old version, so that you could download a PATCH for the new version? That makes absolutely no sense. Why would you delete your game and then get a patch for it?
Am I really that hard to understand?
Let me be more specific...

I deleted ESF Because I didn't wanna bother downloading Beta 1.0.
Now, if there was a alpha 2.0-beta 1.0 patch YES I would leave it in my DIR.

Err almost forgot to add...
Did I meet you tonight in Dragon Mod Z Hibiki? On that server that
kept crashing like a billion times? Im Super_Saiya-Jin3_Gokou in-game

Best answers
i dont think yo understand what everyone else has said
they COULDNT make an alpha 2.0-beta 1.0 patch because it would have been the SAME size as the beta 1.0 patch as it is ENTIRELY DIFFERENT

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
esfn00b.
I already got the point from my first reply.
The subject just got shifted to me having delete ESF.
Cause it directly went into that subject it doesn't mean I forgot
what everyone else said.. the fact everyone who replied to this
did say it

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Recap of all relevant information all in one easy to read digest.

1. ESF Alpha 2 (ESForces directory) must be entirely deleted from your half liofe folder BEFORE installing beta 1, otherwise Beta WILL NOT work.

2. Aside from maybe a few things, scraps of code maybe, etc. Beta 1 contains NOTHING from Alpha 2. Everything about Alpha 2 was replaced in Beta 1. That is to say models, animations, sprites, sounds, etc. It would in fact be impossible to patch Alpha 2 to Beta 1. And generally, as a rule, alphas don't get patched. Say ESF beta 1 was 100 megs (nice round number). As a patch for alpha 2, beta 1 would have been somewhere around 99.9 megs.

3. Bad connection? No problem. You seem to be on a 56k. There are several options available:

A. (Using a download manager to keep the connection alive and resuming after failed sends) start the download and let it go over night.

B. The file is on fileplanet and should be obtainable on CD from them for the price of the CD and the shipping charges.

C. Find a friend who has a better connection and ask them to get it for you.

This should cover any such problems. Thank you, have a nice day.

-Karrde-

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can't you just ask a friend to down it(a friend with cable connection) and burn it on a cd,instead of making a thread that doesn't make any sense and irritating us!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom