high pingers

Best answers
I just dloaded the game and tried it online, i was wondering if it is friendly to high pingers. being one myself with a pitiful 56k modem. I played for a while but could hit anything or kill anything. I hope it was just because its my first time playing and not because i usually have 220 or so ping, it seems like an awesome game once i get it down.
Thx for answering my question

Best answers
hey Im from South Africa, and most of the ppl here are still on 56k. Unfortunately we got a couple of lpbs on isdn and dsl and they smack the rubbish outta us. But its still fun to try and KO em...for a while... just my 2c dont try to melee against a lpb, they will always win, just try to poke from a distance!

So no, like most games, its not HPB friendly...the best score i have gotten against an almost entirely lpb team being 43/47...and it was 24/44 until i could go ssj!!

Best answers
i finally got the game down for the most part and can actually kill stuff now occationaly
im still not that great at melee but i didnt seem to notice much of a difference between ssj and norm, i mean the power lvl raised significantly and i was much faster but i didnt seem to kill things faster

nailing an unascended picolo (bad spelling im sure) with a nearly fully charged kamehameha and not killing him..

i love playing as goku because he's my favorite character in the show but it seems like he is almost the most powerful but it seems like his attacks are the slowest

im going to keep playing until i get good at it though, it rules too much to not play...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have 56k as well, and I've only played on a few servers now, and each one gives me a 1000 or so ping. ~crowd points and laughs~ Did it get better for you? I hope it does for me, cuz I can't do much of anything with my current ping.

Best answers
did you set your rate?
my rate is set at 3500
if that doesnt help either you picked bad servers, your modem is screwing up, or your isp is having problems

try servers closer to where you live, if that doesnt work call your isp, if what they say to help doesnt change anything you may need to get a new modem

i need a new modem, mine disconnects me a lot :(

hope this helps

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok i've set my screen resolution down alot, it makes the image look worse and the font too big, but I have a bearable ping. Did I set my rate? I don't know what you mean, lol. Don't know what it is or how to change it.

Best answers
hit the console key and type rate and hit enter, itll tell you what your rate is then type rate 3500 and hit enter

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I get 200 to 500 to. And I got cable. Ah... my faitlfull HPcable connection. :S

Well. Sometimes I'm lucky and it behaves as cable with 60 ping

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom