So far so good.. Suggestions :)

Best answers
Well, seems the BEAMS ONLY Linux Test server (FreeBSD box) I've been running lately has been running smoothly w/o crashes for the past few hours. (More or less 12+) Been running esf_cell_night for the whole time w/o any problems. (Whoops, there goes the core dump! Nevermind.) :p

Haven't gotten many beam-only violators, but.. anyhow, I would love to see beam/explosions push you away instead of just exploding, leaving you with damage. Flinging you into the distance if you're standing on the ground or near it, maybe into a wall.. would be interesting, and would be "mp/sv_" optional as I've always perfered.

- The "kiblob" attack.. erm, the fast ball throwing one.. doesn't come to mind, name-wise, but anywhoo.. I truely hope you make the little balls bigger, give a motion trail to them, dust, clouds of smoke at the point of impact, anything more! They're impossible to see. :)

- Duel modes! Round based preferably.. Gosh do we need it bad.

- Server-side options.. more, a lot more. Have a little more customization for the administrator. And for orders sake, this should only mostly effect duel-based gamemode servers. Better yet, just lock certain cvars for other modes.
-- For example, and something I've had in mind. Have long epic-ish battles by starting each round with 1000 hp (rough figure). Makes for interesting lengthy back-and-forth duels, true to the show, no? :)
-- Additional server options/cvars I would love to see are weapon restrictions (eg. dmg, speed.. though that can lead sometimes to problems, I understand), even restrictions based on Ki. (Again, being optional.. it might remove a little bit of the debates about unbalance if you have proper administrators putting up "fun" or "focused" or "theme-based" servers. Otherwise, admins, keep it default!)
-- Base Ki Level .. [again, mp/sv_-based] would be nice, particularly for the Duel mode of play.

Make a shortcut, for the newbs, for the Flash tutorial! (Nice work BTW.. heh, I'm just a sucker for that style of flash :)) Make it automagically appear after installation perhaps. No "ESFn00b" would think of looking for it in the "depths of the HL directories."
Don't forget, we're talking about CN DBZ fan newbies to HL sometimes. :p
*ducks* ;)

Overall, fantastic job masking the "beta feel". It's never nearly apparent when you're playing, and that would be in my opinion the goal to achieve with this release. Excellent model work, to boot!

- Draco

(Ahha! Kiblob is that it was called, hehe)

Best answers
Damn that scrolled off fast, lol... there are far too many stickies on the first page. ^_^

Does anyone know of a cvar that increases the running/flying speed? :\

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree, there should be more server side cvars. I like the idea of the HP one, and especially the KI one, I hope the team takes this into account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom