Serious help for ESF!!!

Best answers
I need help and very desperite to play esf..first of all the game crash for me a lot and when trying to do an spirit bomb my comp crashes.. i have read a few thread to type cl_fxquality 0 some where...but where do i type this command..please be specific

thx

Best answers
first off, i HOPE u installed ESF over an existing half life installation. [yes it is possible to install it over something else, i did it over a retail counter-strike install, and it worked, not reccomended] you will find a file which should be located in ur esf directory, mine is here: C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\esf\
the file name is config.cfg. open it up, if windows asks u what u want to view the file with or what u want to use to open the file use notepad. at the very bottom [if its not anywhere in the config file already] type cl_fxquality 0 [mine is at 3, just bcuz i rule =D] and make sure its on its own line, not after another variable. then close it and save it. try that. i hope this helps.

*edit* disabled smilies so my directory location wouldnt hav a stupid face in it

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
change to opengl mode it's that simple

you two were no help to him at all

Best answers
Originally posted by Deverz
change to opengl mode it's that simple

you two were no help to him at all
open gl crashes aswell sometimes if u didn't know hes asking where he can stuff the command

that i cant be arsed to be more specific? or that it was the totally wrong thing to say to help him

Best answers
Originally posted by Shingyboy
open gl crashes aswell sometimes if u didn't know hes asking where he can stuff the command

that i cant be arsed to be more specific? or that it was the totally wrong thing to say to help him
Wtf did you just say? Speak english! Anyway Obviously if he can't start the game how is he supposed to put the command in console?

Best answers
as far as being no help to him i disagree. i helped him by answering his question. he wanted to know where to put that string, thats all i told him how to do. it may not hav fixed his problem, but he did just ask where to put that string. and i didnt tell him to type it in console cus im not sure if thats permanent or if u hav to type it in every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom