for happy bots users only

Best answers
ok it's not to complain again about my spectator bots problem.. *cough* , just to make our happy ESF-Bots users ..hum ..more happy ;D

some of them are certainly bored to get the console when they create a game and type "addbot" until they have enough opponents ..

anyway and since this ESF-Bot is based on Botman's code source, u can use a lil file to add bots AUTOMATICALLY when u create a game

open a new file with Notepad

copy/paste :

#===========================================
# Earth Special Forces
# simplified config file
# for Alpha ESF-Bot
# edited by CeNTuRY from Botman's HPB_bot.cfg to fill ESF Forums
#
# wait for 2 seconds
pause 2
# change default bot skill level to 2
botskill 2
observer 0
#min_bots 4
#max_bots 8
bot_reaction_time 2
# add 6 bots using the default skill level
# addbot model name skill
addbot frieza frizzZer
addbot Gohan SangoHan
addbot Krillin krillin
addbot trunks TrUNks
addbot vegeta Vegata
addbot piccolo PiCcoLo
#end

save it as\Half-Life\esf\bot.cfg

it will be loaded at launch, the bots will join the game after 2 seconds .if u change map the created bots will rejoin.
Of course u can change models, names and skills and so fill your server the way u want.

want more difficulty, try :

bot_reaction_time 1
botskill 1

it works fine for 2 friends of mine which have no @?$£ù spectator problem :D , u r free to gimme some feedback or ask me for details.

Best answers
i havent tried it yet, but this is useful info, thx. It shortens the time it takes to do everything (i nolonger have to change botskill etc...) also i presume you can change the

'addbot Gohan SangoHan
addbot Krillin krillin
addbot trunks TrUNks
addbot vegeta Vegata
addbot piccolo PiCcoLo'

to different names and charas etc....

Best answers
Originally posted by CeNTuRY
ok it's not to complain again about my spectator bots problem.. *cough* , just to make our happy ESF-Bots users ..hum ..more happy ;D

some of them are certainly bored to get the console when they create a game and type "addbot" until they have enough opponents ..

anyway and since this ESF-Bot is based on Botman's code source, u can use a lil file to add bots AUTOMATICALLY when u create a game

open a new file with Notepad

copy/paste :

# Earth Special Forces
# simplified config file
# for Alpha ESF-Bot
#
# wait for 2 seconds
pause 2
botskill 2
observer 0
#min_bots 4
#max_bots 8
bot_reaction_time 2
addbot frieza frizzZer
addbot Gohan SangoHan
addbot Krillin krillin
addbot trunks TrUNks
addbot vegeta Vegata
addbot piccolo PiCcoLo
#end

save it as\Half-Life\esf\bot.cfg

it will be loaded at launch, the bots will join the game after 2 seconds .if u change map the created bots will rejoin.
Of course u can change models, names and skills and so fill your server the way u want.

want more difficulty, try :

bot_reaction_time 1
botskill 1

it works fine for 2 friends of mine which have no @?$£ù spectator problem :D , u r free to gimme some feedback or ask me for details.
Since ur post is big and i cant copy wen u use enter which is good i may add i cant be arsed to copy one thing and another thing doing this and that, btw wouldn't bot skill be 3 if u want higher and reaction time 3 if u want higher? i dont get this?

Best answers
Originally posted by Shingyboy
Since ur post is big and i cant copy wen u use enter which is good i may add i cant be arsed to copy one thing and another thing doing this and that, btw wouldn't bot skill be 3 if u want higher and reaction time 3 if u want higher? i dont get this?
botskil [1-5]
bot_reaction_time [1-5]

where 1 is da best and 5 the worst :talk:

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont know why but when it loads the bots the models i have picked dont show up? it loads the bots with the names but the models arent right. whats the prob?

Best answers
well wot model names av u stuffed in? r u sure they are je rite ones?

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is what my bot.cfg file looks like....
# Earth Special Forces
# simplified config file
# for Alpha ESF-Bot
#
# wait for 2 seconds
pause 2
botskill 2
observer 0
#min_bots 4
#max_bots 8
bot_reaction_time 2
addbot Gohan SangoHan
addbot Krillin krillin
addbot trunks TrUNks
addbot vegeta Vegata
addbot piccolo PiCcoLo
addbot fatbuu Majin_Buu
#end

i wanted buu instead of frieza. well, can you help?

Best answers
one thing, none of the model names should be capitalized (krillin and gohan). but the other ones...i unno

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you have to make it. just copy the game.cfg in the esf folder, delete everything in the text, and copy whay century posted. them name it bot.cfg

Best answers
Originally posted by Majin Prince
you have to make it. just copy the game.cfg in the esf folder, delete everything in the text, and copy whay century posted. them name it bot.cfg

this mean to do it, is quite valuable, but quite dangerous too since game.cfg is a file u shoudn't modify , Half-Life modify and rewrite it each time u create a game ...oh, and btw u don't have to copy it to ESF folder, cauz u have one yet (like in every HL MOD folder).

so, if people don't know how to use Notepad to create a new file, copy/paste the lines below and save it as bot.cfg , i can't think they are smart enough to follow your advice .. :rolleyes:

nice try though

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no if you read my post carefully i said to COPY the game.cfg. the do all the other things i said. read before you type;/

Best answers
Originally posted by Majin Prince
no if you read my post carefully i said to COPY the game.cfg. the do all the other things i said. read before you type;/

even if i read it carefully , i can't see more words it contains but typos errors ... so U read what u type ...

although if people think u were clear in your post, i will apologize o_o

another point :

apparently [ESF]Blade has hard-coded randomize bots names in the ESF-Bot.dll itself ... doh !, it should be cool if it use a file like botnames.txt that any HL bots users have seen before *cough* and that should be useful

btw, it should be really appreciated if he can modify the ADDBOT command to fill the team part too

for now we have :

ADDBOT 'model 'name 'skill

i hope something like :

ADDBOT 'team 'model 'name 'skill

it's just logical to see the TEAM (1 for Good,2 for Evil) parameter before the others hu ?!

so we will have a command like :

ADDBOT 1 Goku MegaGOKu 1

that will fill the team Good, with a Goku model named MegaGOKu and a skill level at 1 [da best]

what do u think ? :idea: [/b][/quote]

Best answers
Originally posted by esfn00b
i havent tried it yet, but this is useful info, thx. It shortens the time it takes to do everything (i nolonger have to change botskill etc...) also i presume you can change the

'addbot Gohan SangoHan
addbot Krillin krillin
addbot trunks TrUNks
addbot vegeta Vegata
addbot piccolo PiCcoLo'

to different names and charas etc....
soz about this 1, i hadnt 'read before i typed'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom