GOT ESF TO WORK (for all those experiencing installer probs)

Best answers
Yo everyone, I got ESF to work. At first I was experiencing the "Not Responding" installer program with WinXP. So I went to the boards, and saw the zip, and I saw a couple other posts... and after mixing and matching, I've made it work!

Okay, here goes...

1) D/L the zip from Hibiki's link.
2) D/L ESF Alpha.
3) D/L the sprites link from *crash*
4) Install ESF Alpha. (Into your Halflife folder, it will automatically create an "ESForces" folder... I think.)
5) Rename the "ESForces" folder to "ESF"
6) Unzip the zip into your Halflife folder (It should automatically extract the files into an "ESF" folder and thus ask to overwrite "ESF", say yes to all, ignore the damaged file.)
7) Copy fmod.dll from "ESF" folder to "Halflife" folder.
8) Unzip *crash*'s sprites thing into your "ESF" folder, it should auto create a "sprites" folder and thus ask if you want to overwrite, say yes.

Now, when you go to load up the mod in CS, the "install" button will be dimmed, and when you load it, the background will be ESF and have saiyans on the right instead of a big Buu.

Problems I encountered, then solved:

* "Not Responding" beta installer problem with winXP.
+ Didn't use the installer

* Old ESF loaded even though I unzipped
+ I got mixed up with the folders, for instance, with the zip, I unzipped it into my "ESF" folder, so what it did, was create another "ESF" folder inside my current "ESF" folder, and thus didn't overwrite anything. Same thing happened with the sprites. So I just ended up copy/pasting the folders onto each other, but if you follow my instructions above, you shouldn't encounter this.

* "Problem loading library..... client.dll"
+ It was loading the old client.dll because of my zip directory problems mentioned in the problem listed before this one.

* "You must install this mod...." even though I had already installed it.
+ My folder was still named "ESForces" and not "ESF". I don't know why I noticed this and changed it, but when I did, it let me into the games!

I think that's it, post another msg if you have more probs, and I'll see what I can figure out.

Peace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom