Played on LAN now, found what I think are bugs

Best answers
Where is the "known bugs list" link?

I played ESF on a LAN on the weekend and I found what I would call bugs in the game. There's only 2 but still I will post, if they've been said before just say and we'll leave it at that.

1. Melee blocking - I found this problem especially when you are almost out of ki. You get knocked to the ground, and because you have no Ki you can't get up fast. This allows your opponent to get right next to you and stand there while you are on the ground.
When you finally stand up, (pressing and holding block to try and block their next melee) you can never block. I think if you are holding block while you're knocked down, you should instantly block when you stand up. This would prevent people from standing next to you holding melee waiting for you to get up.

2. Teleport after you CANCEL a swoop goes in wrong direction:

Target someone
Swoop towards them and hold strafe left or right
Cancel swoop
Press teleport button right after you cancel swoop (still holding strafe left/right) one or more times

This makes your character teleport forwards, and not sideways although the swoop is cancelled (you can't teleport at all if swooping) and your movement is now strafing to the side.

Best answers
the first one isnt a bug catfish, i think it was meant to do that it you have low ki.. makes you kick yourself in the head since you havent powered up and now you are defensless

the second one wasnt really explained well but i could make that its supposed to be like that aint it? eg. when you strafe left and press 'r' (teleport) to teleport left. so i guess you misunderstood these and thought them as bugs, they arent bugs ;)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, what he's saying is that instead of teleporting left, he still teleports forward.

-Karrde-

Best answers
yeah what he said. it teleports forwards a couple of times instead of going to the side like you want.

this results in you ending up just near your target and you can't really do another swoop in from behind to clean them up while they are still blocking from your original swooping direction.

I figured my first complaint might've been implemented like this. I just thought I would post it, as it frustrates you in the game when someone is holding melee and you're lying on the ground and you know you dont have a chance to even block them. I guess it's pretty realistic but, those with no Ki get ()wned.

EDIT: I ust thought it's pretty cheap to stand next to someone when they are down holding melee. If they made it so that you could block when people do this, it would make them have to time their attacks more, rather than just standing there bashing you down. But then again, I guess its like a reward for pummeling your target so well... so mmmm could go either way on this one.

Also, maybe they could implement a "standing up attack". THese are in a lot of 3d fighting games like Tekken. When you get knocked down, (in Tekken games for example) you press a direction and hold kick. As your player gets up, they will do a kick or sweep. If the opponent is too close they get kicked from it. This would surely stop people getting too close when you go to stand up.

I found that using your ki recharge is a good way to trick people into swooping at you. they see you powering up so they swoop then you quickly stop and block and counter. it's all yep.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
ur just stupid

Best answers
jeese.... no wonder i alwys go for ppl that are chargin up. sometimes it works for noobs. someitmes it dun work and i end up getting hit back again. but i have a counter-stratigy aginst that ;) and i think teleporting rocks... good to make a sneek attack ;D

Best answers
who really cares? I was playing ESF with my friends for 5 hours the other day, and we didn't notice ano/or, care about you so-called bugs.

Best answers
well maybe the ESF team would care about my so called bugs? hmm?

i think my second bug is really one, can someone else with low ping try to re-create it? unless they have some reason for it to be in the game i think they should look at it.

Best answers
well when some one is standing right next to you after you get hit to the ground all you have to do is hold the attack and when you get up you will hit them and they will just go flying into the air. hope i helped always works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom