Game help? Kinda?

Best answers
Everytime i'm playing ESF and i alt+tab to see my windows everytime a sound is made (outside of the game while i'm veiwing my windows) when i get back into the game i can't here anything!!! Some1 help please!:cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is an extremely common problem, not with ESF, but with Half-life in general. basically if you're playing half-life, and you're in a game, and you minimize the window, you lose all sound (not everyone has this, but a LOT of people do). THe only way to get it back is to disconnect and back up all the way to the first menu, at which point sound will be restored. Although the gfx on your menu may get screwed up a lil.

Best answers
Sometimes this happens to me too, not very often but on the occasion when i alt+tab. This is a common problem, and what i do to fix this is simply alt tab a few more times. I'm not sure what fuels the problem so I cant help much.

TonyMontana

T
If you connect through the first screen using console (connect ip address) then you just press esc and then resume and the sound will come back.

Best answers
If you have Windows XP Pro, you can Alt Tab all you want. You won't loose sound its great!

Best answers
valve said right after the current patch release, that the infamous sound bug has already been fixed for the next release. :)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You certain? I don't think they said that it was fixed, but that they would fix it. I think they know how to do it, but it wasn't a priority at the time. Thats what I rmeember anyway.

-Karrde-

Best answers
yes, only and best advidce: until this very old bug is fixed, try not to minimize or use your windows keys

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Please dont bring topics back from the dead just to increase your post count :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom