Solution to block spamming (quality)

Best answers
Ok, follow my train of thought here...

People sit around and block. Why? Because they can usually get an easy counter, and against only a single enemy (especially in the case of a duel), they are virtually invincible while they face their opponent.

Why is this a problem? Well, if the person is good about keeping you in front of them, you will eventually get hit, and there's not a whole lot you can do about it unless you're ultra fast with the teleporting so you can hit them from behind or use some other tricky strategy.

This encourages block spamming because it's an effective way to win a fight. Now, here's the juicy part... There's a very simple answer. When you block a melee attack, you get knocked backward far enough that you can't counter right away. When people don't get their freebie counters very often, they'll stop blocking like that on their own and learn how to actually fight.

That would also be more realistic in the DBZ sense than the current melee blocking. When this happens in the TV series, they don't just sit there motionless, especially in the air. They don't really get hurt when they block such a forceful melee attack, but it does knock them backward a bit.

Comments?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The "average ESF player" i.e the normal dudes that you just see in most servers generally don't know too many advanced techniques and crap and all they can do is block and counter. And it does get kind of annoying, even if you learn the tricks to avoiding it, there's always one slightly experienced dude who can turn just right and block/counter with almost NO delay time. I mean I can do that but when people just sit there... god damn. I suppose I should blame my own lack of skill, but hey , we can't all be beta testers; it's hard for the average dude to figure out a way around people that can't take any kind of offensive. Plus it's a lot easier for characters like Buu to get around blocking due to their speed. What about super slow *******s like trunks and piccolo!?

Mystic-ROsHI

M
HAHAAHAHAHAH!

Just sit there. eventually they will get tired of holding q. u dont have to attack u know. its not that hard.:S :scared: :scared:

Best answers
love the sigs roshi ^^ =)
ann that video clip is tight.
for block spammers, i have found a solution..... beware for my DESTRUCTO DISK!!!!

Best answers
I prefer to roast em as Piccolo. ^^;; Boy they DEFINATLY move when they start to sizzle. Hehehe.

As for Trunks, I dunno, trunks is'nt very diversive in the sense... Hmmm..

Best answers
it is very easy. just make solar flare at them. with trunks use his burning attack. with vegeta use his big bang. with buu use his candy attack. etc...

there are many ways. when u r the host of the server u only have to think that u can react faster so u can go blocking fast after a kick

Best answers
I was accused of block spamming when I blocked a guy that tried to melee spam me about 10 times in 2 seconds.

I only blocked all his hits cause he kept hitting kick the louse. Then he got pissed cause I countered him from behind(from BEHIND people, I teleported, I didn't use the block then kick method, I HATE that too)

Then about five people on his team spammed me all at once. That was just pathetic. They all got eliminated by my team member's big bang attack. Then the kicks and bans started. Losers.

I swear fight fairly, or at least with skill people.

Notice: This doesn't go towards everybody, only those people that know who they are and what they are doing :p

Best answers
blocking is perfect the way it is. destructo disc, eye lazer, candy beam, teport behind them and hit, solar flair, scatter shot (not entirly sure). many many ways around it.
One of my favourites is charging a big ball atack, ie BB, SB, SBC, FB, and while their in the block struggle throw ki balls or a few generic beams at em, and if their in the stuggle long enough throuw a second large scale attack at em. works beautifully.

Just be ready to defend yourself when they cry and call you cheap.

Best answers
Ok people, don't carry it off topic. We're talking about fixing block spammers, not how to get around them. None of you have said anything about my idea, either. Do that, or please don't post in this thread.

BTW, suicider... Your comment about hosting... You're still sore about your loss to me a couple days ago, aren't you? lol

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Mystic-ROsHI
HAHAAHAHAHAH!

Just sit there. eventually they will get tired of holding q. u dont have to attack u know. its not that hard.:S :scared: :scared:
this is really true
but when your in a 16 player server and you sit still for a couple of sec, you got a kameha in your ass....

but the best way I know 2 counter blocking is just atack hit teleport
but there r players out there who can block kick really fast *hsu*
and wut 2 do against those, well beam there sorry ass :p

Best answers
hehe if you wanna stop block spamming, the way to do it is to just keep hitting and teleporting, eventually their Ki will go down and their HP so just stick to that, beware though, I know a trick to stop you teleporting whores as well, and it's pretty effective ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, if you keep hitting and teleporting, your ki is gonna run out way faster than his.

Trunk's burning attack would be tricky, since if you decide to beam them from too close, they'll unblock and hit you while you're charging. Try detonating a burning attack from long range so that it hits your opponent. The explosion is too damn small, and depth perception is crappy enough.

Shooting something that will put them into a block struggle may be an alternative, but more often than not the blocker will unblock once he sees you charging the attack and ram you.

And if you candy attack, well you'll get about 6 hp off them before they unblock and knock off 20 of yours, unless you're real fast with the blocking yourself.

Best answers
I like the block and knockback idea. That's pretty good, another way to balance the melee issue would be to make it so that higher level melee attacks(such as the divebomb style we currently use) actually need to charge up and use a larger amount of Ki. For example, a certain amount of ki for a certain attack, low level could be a simple punch or kick for low damage and can be repeated relatively quickly, mid level could be a combo attack of some sort like a series of quick punches/kicks. High level, of course similar to the current melee attack of knocking your opponent away a distance.

Just an idea. :)

Block spammers would no longer have an advantage, blocking should take an equal amount of ki for each hit taken, after no ki is left, your block is almost so ineffective you get hurt pretty badly for not defending.

Best answers
Yeah but I'm able to block people that try to teleport around me pretty easily, it's not the best way to get around blockers if they have twitch reflexes.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
very good idea, its a pain to always have to teleport behind them, and it pissis me off to just c them standing there...

Best answers
Block spammers arn't THAT hard to deal with, Except if they are real players, who know the game, and still block spam, then it becomes a differnt game.

But for n00bs who hold block teleporting is easy, and for teleport whores i'd love to know your strategy, for me I teleport with them and wait for them to be caught off guard and swoop/teleport back getting them into a position where they can't move :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it just make the round take more time and its annoying

Best answers
Guess what? Almost all of you are OFF-TOPIC. PLEASE, if you're going to ignore the topic, post somewhere else. I know how to deal with block spammers, and that's not the point of discussion in this thread.

We're talking about FIXING block spamming, not how to deal with it. Get it straight. ;(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom