a real burning attack

Best answers
ok people. i said i was gonna make a video of the burning attack animation in the game dragonball z: budokai, so i did. now, before u watch i wanna inform all that it is not the best quality and it is NOT up to my standards. i just got lazy and wanted to make this vid real quick. i made it with my digital camera using movie mode, recorded the sound thru my pc, combined it in windows movie maker [premier 6.5 didnt like the file i guess] and presto chango. the video features ssj trunks in sayajin armor fighting vegeta in brown and black suit. u will see that the attack is 1) huge, 2) not a beam at all whatsoever, 3) didnt hurt trunks who shot it about 30 feet away, and 4) left a huge ass crater where the arena was. observe:

a real burning attack

feel free to distribute this if u like

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, keep in mind, it can't possibly look that good as the engine can't handle it. Things like craters are impossible. I think the current animations are close enough, though I'd like to hear him actually say "burning attack". I think it should be a bit stronger, but not much. With his sword and Finishing buster, he'll be just fine. As for beam/non beam, yeah, it's not a beam, but with how fast it charges, think of how it'd be spammed. And as for not getting hurt by your own attack, well, that's a gameplay issue. Ppl would be using big attacks at point blank. In any game, if you're going to do something big at point blank, you should pay for it.

-Karrde-

Best answers
i agree on most of ur points. i know it cant make craters, im not askin for that. im just saying its not a beam and its strong, hey, thats the opposite of the esf burning attack. as far as people full charge spamming in close range if there was no self damage, hey, a lot of attacks u cant move while doing, u can dodge any attack easily, and if it took longer to charge attacks, it would be totally worth it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes we all know from the SHOW that the burning attack is quite different. Although it isn't THAT strong. It certainly wasn't a finishing move or anything. I'd say it's really a bit more powerful than it is in ESF but I wouldn't go beyond a generic beam's strength.

And yeah it charges super fast so if it was a ball there'd be spam up the wazoo.

Best answers
u be rite sk8 :| in the show, it isn't shown (emphasis on SHOWN) to be strong... but no1 ever got hit by it, so can't draw conclusions from that, but u can from this clip :)

Best answers
Originally posted by KarrdeKNR
Well, keep in mind, it can't possibly look that good as the engine can't handle it. Things like craters are impossible. I think the current animations are close enough, though I'd like to hear him actually say "burning attack". I think it should be a bit stronger, but not much. With his sword and Finishing buster, he'll be just fine. As for beam/non beam, yeah, it's not a beam, but with how fast it charges, think of how it'd be spammed. And as for not getting hurt by your own attack, well, that's a gameplay issue. Ppl would be using big attacks at point blank. In any game, if you're going to do something big at point blank, you should pay for it.

-Karrde-

d00d bout the its not a beam...ki is flexible they had kamehamehas as blasts, and burning attacks as beams thats why i think they should have kept the second part of all beam attacks from alpha 2 where you can let go of the beam and let the head continue on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom