Lock-Proof Players?!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright...it is not at all uncommon for me to be playing on a server (Usually this great place called Raggy's Earth Special Forces) and happen across a player or two that, no matter how close I get to them, or how much I click, or how precisely I click on them, my melee will not lock on to them.

Eventually, it does lock, one some occasions...usually not before I get melee-****canned around the map a bit, but sometimes it does actually lock on after I receive a healthy beating...I noticed that I can usually get a lock on these players when they are switched to a beam attack but then again they don't usually bother to, since they are whipping my ass all over the place with the melee.

On two occasions I encountered players that I could not lock onto at all...I beat them anyway with block/counter combinations, but it was a lot harder, since I use the swoop to escape a lot.

My question's simple...anyone else ever run into this problem? I have a pretty jacked computer (2.4 ghz, radeon 9700 pro 128 meg, 512 megs RD ram, DirectX 9, ATT Broadband Cable) and I know it's not lag or anything like that...at least I'm pretty sure. All of these guys have had pretty good pings, as far as I've seen. I also noticed that this tends to have happened a lot more on the Hyperbolic Time Chamber map (which, on a quick side note, needs some serious retexturing, cause no one I know can see a damn thing in there) than it does anywhere else.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any ideas on what it might be, or a fix?

Best answers
I get this problem occassionaly. What I do to solve it is, I just switch to a different attack, and switch back to melee and that seems to work.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I occasionally have this problem too, but I have 56k, so thats likely why.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol, it kinda sucks when I can't get my lock back on a guy cause he's moving really fast, but I've never had that.

Well there's a thing on esf_city, where if you go to the tiny spaces behind the buildings that are at the edge of the city, you pretty much cant be locked on to or get a lock on. Unless the lock was made before you enter the tiny space.

Lock can also screw up a little when you're trying to lock onto someone when youre both on the ground. But that doesn't happen often... flying is the way to be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom