Melee Question

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey

I have this question about melee, and even after lots of testing I'm still not entirely sure about it. It's at the point where both players are swooping to each other, and one wins, without explaination it seems.

Some said it was by ping.... at this point I couldn't believe that a mod could be coded by ping, so it might be the reaction that counts, after lots of testing (both swooping at each other and both holding the attack) I was sure it was not by ping since, we won about even.

After that I tried the time u were swooping, it seems to work a lot when I'm at my own server, but at other servers, it just doesn't workalso while testing it didn't seem to work neither did height nor powerlvl, it did seem to help that u transform.

So my question is actually, how is it coded? and if it's by timing (with hold and release sec fire) what happends if u do that at the exact same time? Is it random at that point? And does tranformed or not help?

grtz Naz

Best answers
I think it's last person to hit secondary attack... Or first one that starts swooping first. Other than that I couldn't tell ya..

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nope its all by ping. If you have a higher ping you will loose 90% of the time when swooping at someone with a lower ping. (This is going head on.)

Best answers
Originally posted by Hsu
Nope its all by ping. If you have a higher ping you will loose 90% of the time when swooping at someone with a lower ping. (This is going head on.)
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Congrats Hsu you made a post without closing it!! :p J/Ks J/ks *Runs in fear* Don't hurt me

Naz

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Hsu
so this means it's coded by ping or does it mena that ur timing is better because of the ping?

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It means that their attack registers with the server first, thus, you get pounded.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That gets really damn annoying, since most transformed fights end up swoop on swoop a lot...

Best answers
it depends on a couple of factors, your powerlevel, and how long you have been swooping for, if you have just started the swoop and you collide, you aint gona win, and ping just makes it a disadvantage to the guy with the higher one, its not coded in to let ping win, its just the way the multiplayer games work, the guy with the lower ping will have his hit registered 1st .

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually I start my swoop way before some people, as in im 15 feet in front of them when they start their swoop, and they'll still win the collision. Iz all ping man. Head to head anyway. Sometimes people just miss and you hit them in the side.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If its by ping then its kinda lame, Because I think everyone should
have an advantage. I always hold secondary attack button before
I swoop. And I still get knocked around. So that explains it.

But oh well. I still dont beleive its all ping because I sometimes
hit people with low ping first and even toss them around like a
volley ball ;P

Sound Artist
Best answers
Adv. melee is suppost to fill in for the ping:)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And in the end, there's nothing that can really be done about ping :p But like freedom said, ADV melee should fix it when it's done :)

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure it helps a lot :p I'm not sayin ur bad or whatever, I don't know you, but a good ping is always extremely helpful. If hte other guy has less ping, than the only way he's gonna hit you is if he gets behind you, which takes a considerable amount more effort as long as you keep moving. Kind of sucks really :S

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
when im fightin a host i fight like crazy ill swoop,stop halfway.teleport,swoop,stop,telport,and hit because i fear the hosts cuz they have 0 ping

Sound Artist
Best answers
You just have to attack at different angles, anything but head on.

Best answers
I'm pretty sure that the one who swoops last win the fight. That's the tactic I use and it works nearly every time.

Best answers
I used to think oddly of that too. I discovered a way to win most of the time. Swoop head on and rapidly right click nonstop like as fast as possible; you should get 1st hit unless the other person is faster.

Best answers
I think it also helps if your a little off center, not nessisarly a diffrent angle, but just not directly at them, a little off.

Aslo, I think the speed of the character comes into play, the faster one seems to win more often, I dunno, just an observation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom