Burning Attack (Not About It's Strength)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Umm, Why Is Burning Attack A Beam? I Could Swear I Saw Trunks Fire A Projectile Instead Of A Beam At Frieza When He Did Burning Attack. And Why Is Finishing Buster A Projectile? Did You Guys @ ESF Get Them Mixed Up?

Best answers
Burning Attack should be a ball and if I’m right in assuming they took the Finishing Buster from where Trunks killed Cell in the future with that huge beam. I vote that Burning Attack become a ball. Plus if Finishing Buster was a beam then Trunks would actually have an attack that he could PS with.

Best answers
man very good observation I really think they must of mixed it up

Best answers
finishing buster was a energy ball attack its in super buten 2
for snes
and the burning attack yer im sure it was a ball as well but if u look at the android saga when they first find dr geroes lab
he does the burning attack stance and its a beam but also in
super buten 2 its also a beam
he proably has 2 versions
energy ball and beam attack

Best answers
isnt burning attack trunk's strongest attack? correct me if i am wrong but when trunks shot the andriods and it failed he said in shock "but that was my strongest attack...."

Scruffie

S
EEES RIGHT

Give the man a cookie. In Budokai it makes the arena a large crater (very cool).

Sound Artist
Best answers
If you want to go by a game go ahead, some cannot be 100% accurate. However according to the Manga, and the show for that matter, it is a weak ball that's used purely for distraction.
Trunks only uses it once against freeza. In order to capture that "distraction" effect it blinds in ESF. If it was a non controllable ball, how often do you think you would hit someone? A beam is much better, plus being able to detonate and still get the blind off works great. As with anything, ESF is a game, and can only be so accurate to the show. Just like Budokai.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
IMHO, I'd say give a little bit bigger blast radius and make it a projectile. SBC is besically a projectile and I nail ppl with it all the time.

-Karrde-

Best answers
this issue has been brought up several times and the answer is always the same...ki attacks can be balls or beams...iu have seen the kamehameha be both, i have seen the big bang do both...why not just take out the detenation and put back in what the alpha 2 had...the ability to release your beams head, and boom, instant projectile...

almostdeleted

A
ESF team should make burning attack a fast charging, as fast as now, ball attack that you can fire. YOu could also move after charging. Finishing buster should be like a masenko annimation but he holds it inbettween his hands. It should be just as strong as the finishing buster is now but a controlable, strong, slow charging beam. Kind of like a FF but not as strong. This way hes got a cool blinding attack, a ps beam, and his sword to whoop with. Plus hes gota a fast transformations so trunks would be unstoppable. :) he would rock. (Still make it that you can only get finishing buster when SSJ) Maybe to balance though they should make trunks transformation 1,500 instead of 1,000, and he onyl starts out with 600,000 instead of 750,000

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Burning attack projectile would be great. I mean its useful now, but for the sake of accuracy, it'd be good. PLus it's be even more useful. You can't really spam it even though it's fast charging since it's small, it's explosion sucks, it's ALWAYS deflected and could never hold back a beam for more than a hundredth of a second.

Yah... finishing buster was in super botuden 2. It'd be NICE if it was changed to a beam, but I really don't care either way. I'd say go for it, who needs accuracy to some video game anyway?

And trunks only uses the burning attack against freeza (and andoird 18 once in the History of Trunks movie). He didn't use it against the two androids in the mountains when they first meet them. It's just an unidentified, really big beam. He never uses the signature hand motions... that's all the proof you need. He just quickly powers into SSJ, thrusts back his elbows, then pushes his arms forward to create a huge beam attack.

Best answers
Originally posted by Wyatt
isnt burning attack trunk's strongest attack? correct me if i am wrong but when trunks shot the andriods and it failed he said in shock "but that was my strongest attack...."
That was before perfect cell saga. Finishing Buster didn't even exist then. If you saw the way he destroyed Cell with Finishing Buster you would know that was his new strongest attack.

He is right, I thought this too awhile ago but forgot about it. Burning Attack = Projectile. Finishing Buster(if its the one he finishes Cell with)= Beam.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Finishes cell? He never finishes him... and he never finishing busters. Ever. Did he hold his hands above his head and charge something in between? Because if he didn't... it ain't a finishing buster. Unless he SAID finishing buster, but didn't do the motions or something.

Best answers
Uuhhhhh, Trunks goes back to the future and kills the cell there. Remember how changes in this time line don't effect different timelines. Well after the cell games saga, Mirai no Trunks goes back home to finish the Andriods with his remote that Bulma made, then kills cell off in one immense blast before Cell can use the time machine to go back and screw up another time line. and the attack he uses is never really indentified in the english version, but the japanese version he 'announced' it as Finishing Buster attack, and blam, Cell goes poof.

Also talk about screwed up dubs, in the english(funi) dub, when Andriod 16 is stabbed by Cell's tail, Cell talks about a neural net uplink the 16's neck. In the Japanese version, Andriod 16 says that he is all machine, pure andriod, not like 17 or 18 who are partially organic. So he can't be absorbed by Cell. Just thought I'd throw in a random off topic rant. English dubs suck! Unless they're fan dubs.

Best answers
a little off topic but i reacon the rightclick should 'detach' the beam making it a ball attack instead of going boom, like the tail should still be there but you can move and loose control of the beam.

oh and leave the burning attack as a beam, how would yuo hit neone with it as a ball?

Best answers
superb Idea that would be more real to the show

Best answers
Originally posted by WolfJaguar
Uuhhhhh, Trunks goes back to the future and kills the cell there. Remember how changes in this time line don't effect different timelines. Well after the cell games saga, Mirai no Trunks goes back home to finish the Andriods with his remote that Bulma made, then kills cell off in one immense blast before Cell can use the time machine to go back and screw up another time line. and the attack he uses is never really indentified in the english version, but the japanese version he 'announced' it as Finishing Buster attack, and blam, Cell goes poof.

Also talk about screwed up dubs, in the english(funi) dub, when Andriod 16 is stabbed by Cell's tail, Cell talks about a neural net uplink the 16's neck. In the Japanese version, Andriod 16 says that he is all machine, pure andriod, not like 17 or 18 who are partially organic. So he can't be absorbed by Cell. Just thought I'd throw in a random off topic rant. English dubs suck! Unless they're fan dubs.
Very glad to see someone knows what they are talking about.

Best answers
The burning attack should be a beam primary attack
and a ball secondary attack

Trunks shot a ball burning attack at frieza
and the ball looked like a ball with beams radiating out of it
when the ball hits the ground there should come smoke out of it
like the cs smoke thingy
actually i mean there should be dust from the ground covering the place where the ball landed
It happens a lot in the show
They always think I have killed him for sure with this attack and then the dust disappears and they see that their enemy is still alive
that would be really nice

Best answers
when you press the right mouse button the charging of the attack is put on hold, and that option rules, so you will have to think of another way of deciding whether its a beam or a bomb

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom