help :(

Best answers
ok typing hl.exe -console -game esf *****s up my comp , i can get in game fine and everything but when i go to create a game i get a windows xp error(the one where it ask you if u wanna send it) then it starts to make this annoying ass noise and keeps looping as my comp freezes, so i took the console part of of that (hl.exe -game esf made it look like that) and can start a server no problems at all except console not working, SO then i went adn type
bind "~" "toggleconsole"
bind "`" "toggleconsole"

that in the config file, still the console doesnt work can soemon plz help me

oh and in quake 3 they have some commands like g_particletime g_gorelvl so on an on does halflife have anything liek that?

Best answers
shouldn't the config file just have
bind "~" "toggleconsole"
i think by having both ` and ~ to toggleconsole your creating an internal error because it is defined as two variables. Try just having it as ~
and if all else fails, just re-install half-life

Best answers
is reinstalling the only way :(, cause sometimes the console works and sometimes it doesnt, its freakin weird, someon helpO_O

Pin

Best answers
I really don't konw what to do, sorry bro.

Best answers
So you have already changed the target of your shortcut..?

It should be something like ..

C:\Sierra\Halflife\hl.exe -console -numericping -game esf

Thats mine :S ...
If that doesnt work for getting the console up with the ~ button then reinstall ....

Best answers
Sierra\Halflife\hl.exe -game esf

mine is like that^

when i add the -console to it my game *****s up and i have to restart :(

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
are you absolutley positive it is the -console that does that? that is really wierd... try just doing this

C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\hl.exe -console

and then open up the esf mod by clicking Custom Game, Earth's Special Forces, and Activate..

Best answers
Im thinking that he is doing something wrong... Ive never heard of someone getting an error from adding the -console in their shortcut target..

Best answers
yeah i am sure its the -console cause it works fine without it but when i add it i get the error, im ganna try that console 1.0000 thing

EDIT:

or you search in the config.cfg for the line `console "0.000000"´ and change it to `console "1.000000"´
then change the file to writeprotected(hl always set this option back to 0)

hmmmm when i go to properties on teh config there is no writeprotected selection :(, can u not do that with xp?

Best answers
You have to edit the config.cfg file i had the same problem and i edited it and it works fine somewhere in the file it say's console "0,0000" or something you have to make from the 1st zero a 1 like this "1,0000" so it would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom