Serious Problem For Admins...

Best answers
Ok so this is what happened, yesterday I ran my listenserver, and someone joined who kept changing my name to **** like [myg0t]whatever, its like the whole thing that happened in CS where ppl used admin mod swear filter to exploit the client exec and make ppl change their names and say stuff. I didn't know it could happen in this mod. Anyone else expirience this? is there a way to stop it besides just kicking the people? and also what is the command to ban someone??? Please help, thanx.

Best answers
no way, so hackers ave already hit ESF. next time that happens go to the console and type either status or /status then you should see the persons name. Enter one of the digits that appear next to his name, and you should get his full IP. then report it to whoever runs the ESforces.com servers, like one of the admins on these forums, than they'll probably ban him from all esforces.com servers. Then we might be able to get his adress form his IP, and I'll hunt him down and slit his wrists.:devgrin::devgrin::devgrin:

Best answers
You cant get his IP from console you can get the WONid and they could use it to ban him from all official servers, but this happened in MY server so how can i ban someone in my server?

Best answers
Myg0t, thats a hacking clan i think. A while back me and some other people had trouble with them.

Best answers
[myg0t] are a bunch of hacking ***s... ERRR the clan is so stupidly pointless.. Yes they do hack..

Best answers
No offence to anyone but I used to be a hacker in cs (ONLY ON HACKING SERVERS) like Hackers Heaven where everyone hacks.
[myg0t] is a well hated clan. I am not sure why but from what Ive heard they really pissed ppl off. And dont worry I never whould hack in a non hcking server.

Best answers
Yes anyone who played cs knows myg0t I know myg0t i know all about hacking but thats not what im asking here, what im asking is how can we (admins who run undedicated servers) protect our selves from this? And don't you dare say "just make a dedicated server" because thats just not acceptable
:fight: :fight: :fight:

Busy Busy Busy
★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Next time get their names, ip's, and won id's

Best answers
lol.. one time i was playing cs and i changed my name to [myg0t]eminence and the server was running that automatic ban for myg0t plugin.. and i got banned for my name being that lol

but good thing i know the clan and they unbanned me ^^

Best answers
myg0t doesnt just hack....they play to r4ge noobs.....basically they do **** like block doors, tk, crash servers, etc. etc. and use hacks most of the time too to piss off other players...there usually pretty succesfull too....

anyways the ban command is

banid

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by |X|trem[3]
No offence to anyone but I used to be a hacker in cs (ONLY ON HACKING SERVERS) like Hackers Heaven where everyone hacks.
[myg0t] is a well hated clan. I am not sure why but from what Ive heard they really pissed ppl off. And dont worry I never whould hack in a non hcking server.
I also did this for a month or so
it wuz so cool
just made a whole new cs experience
( BTW I DO HATE IT WHEN PPL CHEAT ON A NORMAL SERVER )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

If you're a server or an admin use the command users it is better than status

It shows connecting/downloading players in a better grid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*pasting from my PlanetHL Console command txt.*

BANNING ONLY

Kicking a player is only temporary, though. They can come back into the server immediately if they wanted to... unless you ban them. Use the "users" command to find their "uniqueid", and then ban them with "banid <minutes> <uniqueid>", where <minutes> is the number of minutes you want to ban the player from the server. Use 0 minutes to make the ban permanent. For example, if you wanted to permanently ban uniqueid 123456789, then you would type "banid 0 123456789". If you want to make sure that someone is banned permanently even after your server has been restarted, be sure to "writeid" before you quit the server to write the banned uniqueid's to the banned.cfg. Then, add "exec banned.cfg" to your server.cfg, so whenever you restart your server, it will read the uniqueid's listed in the banned.cfg and continue to ban them.

BOTH

Sometimes we come across that player that needs to be kicked and banned at the same time, so they do not come back in after being kicked while we are frantically trying to type in the ban commands. Now, we can do both in one fell swoop. Type "users" to get the players "uniqueid". Then use "banid <minutes> <uniqueid> kick". And *poof* - the player in question has been both kicked and banned. Again, be sure to "writeid" in the console next, and add "exec banned.cfg" to the server.cfg.

Getting List Of Banned Players

It is a good idea to keep a list of the users that you have banned permanently from your server. The easiest way to do this is to "writeid" at the console before you quit the server to write the banned user "uniqueids" to the banned.cfg for. You can then open up banned.cfg to see who all has been banned. Also, be sure to add "exec banned.cfg" to your server.cfg so that everytime the map changes or the server restarts, it will reban those uniqueid's.

Removing Player From Ban

If you want to remove a player from the banned list, use the "removeid <uniqueid>" in the console. And be sure to remove it from the server.cfg found in the directory of the mod you use for your serverif you placed it there as well

Mystic-ROsHI

M
Ive had mygot people come in my server... they didnt do anything to me.... Plus.. i raped them hard! HuhUH

Best answers
Thanks to people for the info on how to ban.

Best answers
Info on myg0t... myg0t arent just *******s, they dont just use hacks... they MAKE them!! :( anyway, banning can be great, but they can usually get around it, knowing them and there hacking ways :/. my plan is not to piss them off, then they usually wont crash ur server or ****... some of them just wanna play :shocked:

Best answers
Why are you defending myg0t?

First thing: yes they have a way around being banned, obviously they just change there WONid by changing there HL or CS CD key number which is so easy you don't even need program for it.
Second: I didn't piss anyone off these just came into the server and started ****ing around.

Best answers
some of them just wanna play
I dunno, never seen one that doesn't cheat.

I've seen them around before in TF, if there in ESF now i better be careful. Not too long ago on the map dustbowl they were annoying people by grabbing the flag, and noclipping under the floor and appearing right on the capture point. ;( :\ :S I wasn't too happy, but i wasn't admin there, and at the time no admins were there, so there was nothing i could do.

Best answers
why would you need to play CS with cheats? its a crapping easy game....at least for me :) I just played a 64-4 game tonight with 16 ppl in the server. if anyone knows me (probablly not) im spot shoot on cs too. I am on 3 blacklists and I have never... I REPEAT NEVER cheated on CS, not a damn person believes me either. I have been playing for 4 years now, (since beta1 cs) and I dont plan on stopping(except when the cheating gets real bad) Every time a new patch comes out I do real damn good for like a week and then, by forces of magic, I get bad again?(exception tonight). oh and just a reminder, cheaters are NOT hackers, they are cheaters, nothing more. hackers are not ppl who CHEAT at counter strike.

SpoT ShooT (only real CS player left)

Best answers
once i saw one and they said..

I am going to hack you all!

and i said

right... you can't hack all of us because some might have a firewall...

then he said

i can hack through them

then i said

well maybe i should tell esforces!

then he left but i forgot his name now and i didn't know his ip or wonid cos i didn't host (i got firewall)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom