New Beam Idea Realistic To Show!

Best answers
By MaddDog: the rightclick should 'detach' the beam making it a ball attack instead of going boom, like the tail should still be there but you can move and loose control of the beam.
This is a great idea because it is realistic to the show because there is no such thing as just detonating your charge in mid air, it blows when it hits something orit eventually wears out and difuses into nothing.

It's also realistic to the show to just simply stop putting energy into an attack. This is a great idea and I think should be concidered thouroughly before trashing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then there would be no advantage to attacks like big bang and finishing buster.

Plus, a huge, complained about problem in alpha was people wussying out of power struggles. This would be veyr similar to it.
I think detonation is annoying, but a fully charged kamehameha turning into a loose projectile is something I shudder to think of. Ok not really, I'm not that crazy, but it's still pretty lame.

Best answers
I agree with Hitokiri. It would totally make ball attacks stupid. Hmm maybe if the attacks like big bang and finishing buster were like that (cause they were both beam and ball in the show). But gokus gettin the torpedos anyway, so why bother with detachable beams for him.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I don't like the idea too much myself, people would back out of power struggles, and it would ruin the attacks that are already balls.
I can't wait to see the kamehameha torpedoes :D

Best answers
Why not block detaching when in PS
(p.s. i don´t like the idea of detaching anyway, but watthe hell...:D :D -:fight: )

Best answers
I like the idea but at the same time I don't like the idea of being able to run away from power strugles....hmm is it really more realistic to the show?

Best answers
IMHO, I think you should beable to PS with any attack, just to back myself up, look at the secan in the Cap. Corps ship where Vegeta is training, hes almost hit by that purple blast and he fires his own shot to block, but he keeps his hands up and 'pushes' the other shot back, almost killing himself, but that besides the point. I think detaching would be good, to a point, maybe diable it durning PS.

Best answers
yea i second this...that detonation thing is lame...it would also be one less bug they would have to fix with gohans sheild attack...

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I for one like the detonation ability. When enemies are moving really fast you can just get it near them and detonate it, and Gohan's shield should have weakenesses like that, besides just being able to disk or laser through it.

Best answers
it does take a while to charge and its easy to dodge or block, thats why detonation is good if your aim is bad i like detonation but it can be sometimes very cheap like when someone just stands far from a fight and charges a huge blast and then detonates it to kill many people who were fighting with each other that is cheap, but still fun to do lol :fight:

Best answers
The only good reason I think there is for having the ability to detonate your beam attacks is when you are meleeing, like after you melee someone (and its one of those godforsaken teleport whores) and you shoot a beam and they teleport themselves out of it, they have lots of time to come and knock your arse right into a wall. :fight:

As for me, with the beam detach I love block struggling any type beams so if I knew I was loosing a PS I wouldn't mind detaching and block struggling my own + someone elses beam attack ;/ I will never back down from a block struggle :\ . The only thing is if you detach and then you hold block doesnt that leave your back open for some idiot to get a cheap shot in? Lots more to this........

~RAGE

Best answers
I think detaching HUGE attacks would just deminish the point of Big Bang and Finishing Buster. If they ever do let us, it should only be for generic ki blasts, not for stuff like Kamehameha and Galit Gun.

Best answers
yeah like i said in the original thread, it whould need quite a bit of tweeking, also detaching the kamehameha would make no difference sice there are now kame torpedos.

Also since there is also the earthquake SB in 1.1, i reacon it would be better if they raised the distance between goku and the normal SB, i mean caus it looks funny with a huge SB less then a meter above his head.

Best answers
if u make a spirit bomb in the air then toggle off fly u will drop to the ground but your spirit bomb will stay way up in the air

Best answers
You people want to see an example of a Kame that has been detached, look at when Cell threw one at Gohan. Keep in mind this is before the final showdown. Then Gohan threw his at Cells, then what did you see? Cell was looking down at his Kame that was at that point detached and in a ball form that Gohan was sending back at him. He wasn't struggling with it, he just powered it up and threw it then detached it. I'm guessing they can either create them in a beam for or a ball form, like the Kame Torpedo.

Best answers
anything in dbz can be beam or ball.. the only difference is beam attacks have an advantage because you can keep putting energy into them, but hten again you can also loose your life if you lose a PS. ball attacks r the same move just you cant put any more energy into em. when vegeta shot the big bang at goku in the tournament it was in beam form and eventually overpowered goku and he had to jump to the side.. if it was in its normal ball form it owulda just been deflected away saving like 200,000 people.

i think it would be neat if in esf you could start every attack out as a beam except for like the kiblob attack and stuff, but then u continue putting energy into it unless you want to detach it and stop losing energy but then it becomes uncontrollable

Best answers
i say leave the beams as is, theres nothing wrong with what they are like now and this idea requires alot of work on the teams part inorder to get it to work. but some ideas here a good ones mabye in future beta we will see detacible beams.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you are going to dig up this old thread you might as well dig up mine in the ESF chat section of the forums. I made a list of stuff they don't do on the show that ESF worked into the game, and I think I brought up detachment or something.

They don't detonate beams on the show, and I don't recall them detaching either. Something needs to give for the sake of gameplay though, and I think it would probably be wiser to keep the beams detonating but make it cost you some ki or something. It is way too easy to blow a kamehameha up in a crowd from across the map as it is. Maybe if it cost them something they wouldn't spam it as often.

Best answers
or perphaps if your blockin you only recive 50% of the detonated beams damage??

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom