Melee question.....?

Best answers
hey how come when I swoop towards anyone I always get hit back, like 90% of the time I get hit back. See I know how to melee and I do most the time as good as the other guy I just always get hit back in a straight chagre (when we both charge at the same time) like is there some sorta special thing I dont know ????

Best answers
the lower your ping the better the chance of your information packet reaching the server before your opponents.

That's basically it.

Best answers
I also have a theory about the outside hitboxes (Due to the ESF models being shrunk, but not the hitboxes) playing a part. But again, this is theory. The general concensus is that there's two leading factor in the 'Melee supiriority'

The first, and most major, is of course Ping times.

The second is how late you press the secondary.

That's the skinny I reckon.

Best answers
i think it also has to do with how well you have your cross hair aimed, along with the angle, because at certain points on the model scales I believe you can make first contact better then others.

Best answers
if ping is the #1 cause than that may be the problem as I have a slow ass 450mhz P3 and a crappy cable connection (100kb/sec at best if ever) so that could be it as I do experence a high ping level alot and I have never played on my own server to see if I would be the one always knocking one back, so that means I am at a dissadvantage when someone has a better ping than me, damn that sucks, and I found that the target thing has no effect as long as the cursor is in the red box you will hit the person (if right click being held) also the timming of right click doesnt seem to have any effect as long as it is held it makes no difference. I really think that ping is the true problem for me thanks ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont think its only the ping....
me and my friend play esf on lan and the same thing happens :/

Best answers
well it one computer faster than the other? but that would have not much effect at all I dont think, but the target and click thing never change anything for me

Best answers
yes I know that, it is just that you have to do a straight charge at times

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
i know cuz you will swoop from the entire length of the map right at them and they just coast 3 feet ahead and smack u back lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One must learn to:

1.) Avoid those head on confrontations when you know you have a lag disadvantage. Either take the easy way (blocking) or teleport and such, swoop in confusing directions, etc. Get them into a situation in which a.) they dunno where you are b.) they need to power up

2.) Avoid undedicated and/or laggy servers ^_^ \/

Best answers
Well here it is this is what they have been doing if you get hit back a lot the other person A) has lower ping or B) is doing the block hit combo you can get hit really fast and may not even notice they have blocked it but it can be done i myself do it when i have to but i consider it cheap and try not to a lot and thats what i think.... hope i helped. :tired:

Best answers
never heard of that second thing but I really think that the outcome if a head on swoop attack is always the man with the better ping (assuming that each are swooping with right click held and have around even PL)

Best answers
Its not always better ping that wins though, so that throws your theory out the window with my dirty underwear.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's always the better ping, head to head. Sometimes the guy will miss and get hit from the side or something but that's different. Sometimes the other guy isn't aiming right. Sometimes a ping will spike and he'll get hit. But those are rareties.

Best answers
yea thats why i prefer dedicated servers because ill swoop the entire map length and the host will just walk forward and then i go back to where i started, the otehr side of the map

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom