Wheres the damned fighting?

Best answers
Why isnt there actuall fighting?

Why is there just one hit throws!?
WTF is up with that???

Ofcourse what was good about the DBZ cartoon was teh beams but the fighting was one of the bad ass things too it made it really cool and the beams were more of finishing.......

I hope acutall fighitng is in the next version..

Best answers
Umm, how do you expect they do that? Do you really think it would be fun if you swooped up to a guy and just started tapping rapidly to kick and punch a whole lot?

Best answers
i don't think any game can make the melee as good as the show...

Best answers
lol

lets make it u have to forward, back, quaturecicle up punch punch punch to do a upper cut

there's no point its ment to be a fastpassed fighting game, the meele is fine

Best answers
I think it would be cool if you swooped a guy, then you both went into a different screen and then punched each other a bit and then the one who got the most hits in knocks the other away. I think it would be VERY HARD if at all possible to code, but it a nice idea

Best answers
sounds to me like you want a clone of the "burst zone" from DBZ: Budokai. BUt wheat controls would you use to attack, just whoever clicks the mouse button fastest?

Best answers
ESF may not totally mirror the melee from the show but that in itself is just about impossible to do. You would need to take tekken (or DBZ Budokai if you will) speed it up alot, and make huge levels. But that would take hours and hours of coding and just makin the melee totally mirror the show is damn right impossible. I was playin however a few days ago and i realized that esf does a great job of recreating those moments in the show where you could only see the shockwave of where the fighters had hit cause they were moving too fast. I mean, you have two people and if they are both good theyre gonna be teleporting every couple of seconds to avoid gettin hit or to gain a better angle, its really neat to just sit back and watch two esf vets go at it melee style. I personally love this melee system and dont want it to change too much.

The whole thing with the clicking of the mouse button sounds kinda cool, but wouldnt that take alot to code and animate?? i mean you would have to create a bunch of animations for each character then would have to code the system in. Personally i would rather get ssj2 out and the other transformations and a few more attacks before that was implimented, but it is a cool idea nonetheless.

Best answers
bah n00bs its easy to do, just do it so, a quick click will do a quick weak hit, and hold the attack button for one second that will be the big rock slams.

then if you both land a hit at the same time you go into a grapple, and try to overpower the other guy, who gets slammed or whacked.

add a stamina/stun thing for the quick melee, and its near show perfection. then more detail can be added later.

the engine they have now, is awesome, and i can see that these additions could be easily added in :) esp if melee lock is added :D

also that way you can still dive in on somebody and kick them miles away saving ur buddy from certain death :)

Best answers
i know that mellee strugles hapen when one person blocks and the other mellee's but woud it also happen when they swoop to eachoter

Best answers
was playin however a few days ago and i realized that esf does a great job of recreating those moments in the show where you could only see the shockwave of where the fighters had hit cause they were moving too fast. I mean, you have two people and if they are both good theyre gonna be teleporting every couple of seconds to avoid gettin hit or to gain a better angle, its really neat to just sit back and watch two esf vets go at it melee style. I personally love this melee system and dont want it to change too much.
yeah .. i do that many times. and it's really fun and feels like DBZ.

Best answers
:shocked:

How could it be so hard?

it could be JUST like in JKII saber fights....

In JKII saber fights were the best! In DBZ good ol' fist fights are lots of fun to watch right next to a beam fight.

anyway we could do it like this..

in JKII you were just rapidly clicking BUT you had a differnt steghth limit that were color coded. All you did was click the middle button and a differnt color would appear on the hud bottom left..If i remember correctly it was blue the weakest. Anyway we could have for teh weakist strethg to have it's own type of punches and kicks

in JKII the weakist was the fastest so it was still a good type of fighting. In ESF the weakest could be the fastest too. you could see your fav. DBZ charect dish out extremlly fast attacks.

Punching could be set to the left mouse button and kick to right.

So if i had the weakist setting and rapidly clicked i would see my charecter start punching and kicking maddly but, in style (like in JKII)

Now for the mid streghth hits..In JKII i think the color was yello

For this streght it would be semi fast and semi strong attacks. (just like in JKII)

So if you clicked your way with that streghth chossen you would dish out fast attacks but with very small delays. And quite strong too.

Now for the last and strongest (but slowest) stregth

With this strenght selected you coulod have your choosen charecter pull his fist back with a grunt and then lay one on the victim pushing him (not rediculously far like Melee) far back. and a kick could be a flip in the air and then landing the kick on the opponet.

These would almost be as strong the the current melee.

But with all these strengths it's all balanced out!!!!

You could have one fighter in the blue (weak) stenght and the other in the red (strongest) strength and the one with more expierence would win! Ofcourse to keep up with the cartoon you could also teleport while fighting but it would take lots of expierence to teleport with your opponet...

If you didnt understand me then just go pick up the copy of JKII and use the saber!! I think this is a great idea considering JKII and ESF are in the same perspective (3rd person) and JKII saber battles are the hella fun!

ahh i could just imagine it.... Good ol' DBZ fights breaking out in the ring on the Cell day map....

I hope one of the designers take this post into consideration for the next patch....

Best answers
crimson that is a pretty nice idea...i know what you mean...but i think it should be able to change between strenghts faster as with jk2 so you can one time hit fast and the other time hit hard....then it would really be like in the show!!!i like your idea...it won't be that hard to implement i think!!!But to keep it fast paced is harder i think...teleport should be in....and kicking someone back should even be possible with medium so you need to use swoop often enough!!!

Edit: I just thought of something...you could have it that you have to do a very small combo.
lmb=left mouse button rmb = right mouse button
It can be like this:
lmb-rmb = fast & weak
lmb-rmbrmb = medium
lmb-rmbrmb = slow & strong..

this means it will take longer to do a stronger blow!!! and you would get random kicks/punches just like it is right now!!!I do think my idea could get some more finishing up but i do think it's a nice idea!!!

Best answers
good thinking!!! Perfect the already very good jKII system would make the dueling even better....

Please go to my suggestion Thread and post the same thing so we have more chances of being noticed (just copy and paste)

:D

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
thats wut makes ESF as good as it is i think it would suck if two guys just sat tehre like a street fighter match then u would be vulnerable to die lol

Best answers
I still think it would take a while to put melee struggles into the game (especially if you wanted them to look good) because of all the animations that would be needed. I mean look, unless you wanted just one blanket animation and the fighters would be throwing punches and hitting the air, you would need to animate blocks, parrys, attacks etc. It would take a whole crap load of animation, and animation takes time. If someone has a good way to impliment this, please correct me, I love the jO struggle system (haha even though a always get whooped online) and would like to see melee struggles in the game. But Hey, while im dreaming, how bout this, at the end of the melee struggle, a menu pops up for the victor (Like Bu's candy menu), and you can choose a finishing move, i.e big energy blast, a throw, axehandle smash, etc.)

Best answers
Actually advanced melee will probably be in the beta 2, with melee struggles and all that. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what I hear.

Best answers
haha well then thats kinda sweet (if you are right, i obviously dont know either), haha ssj2 and advanced melee struggles, frick beta 2.0 is gonna be nuts then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom