Burning Attack...Quick point

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For all those people complaining about the burning attack being a beam and not a projectile...well, this idea's for the team.

Why not assign it it's own beam sprite instead of using the gold one...and then animating the end with some cool fire effect or whatever, if you feel like being stylish...but make the unique beam sprite for the Burning attack a 100% transparent one...that way you could still control it, it would look like a projectile, and it would in fact not be changed, really.

Anyone else think this is a good solution, as opposed to making the attack be a projectile?

While we're on the subject...why not make some juiced up version of the move...a more powerful one for when Trunks goes Super Saiyan.

Just some thoughts. Let me know what you guys think.

Oh, and sorry if this should be in suggestions....

Best answers
trunks pretty much didnt power up his burning attack to attack gero's lab when ssj yet i blew the crap out of it

yet in esf when trunks goes ssj with burning attack it does little or absolutely pathetic damage.. wtf is up with that?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that does sound like a good idea SaiyanPrideXIX.
i think it would look cool just this little ki blast circling the opponent without the trail... and it would silence those complaining its a ball attack... but how about the power struggles?

Best answers
oh ya.... oo, that would be interesting eh? pses with that type of burning attack

i says it a good idea also

Best answers
i think its a good idea , yet the burning attack was used more as a distraction then somthing to do damage with

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Saying that it blew up Dr. Gero's lab easily isn't saying much. Pretty much anything can blow up a chunk of rock and steel in that show. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they were going to take the beam graphics and make them transparent like I suggested...then the actual blast itself would have to be made a little bit more...conspicuous.

There are any number of solutions, but that was just one idea to one problem. As far as the damage it does...well it's blinding effect is really useful...but why not make him have some sort of version of it that can do some struggling? it makes things hard when you can't do any power struggling.

Best answers
I agree, the fire thing would be cool, I also feel it needs a beef-up.

As it is, I don't think its stronger than a generic beam, and even when ssj, it can't compete with a generic beam. Maybe if they made it a little less powerful than Pic's SBC. Or, if they made the blinding effect last a little longer, something to make it worth using rather than a generic beam.

Best answers
i think the burning attack should be beefed up a lot and i think that trunks should get that move where he shoots a beam straight up (when he killed cell in future timeline after cell games)

Best answers
yeah that would be cool as they do use that attack in DBZ Legends (for PS1)

Best answers
it should look more like the DMZ burning attack. And yeah, i like sayinpride's invisible beam idea, it's cool

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Rad|us
I agree, the fire thing would be cool, I also feel it needs a beef-up.

As it is, I don't think its stronger than a generic beam, and even when ssj, it can't compete with a generic beam. Maybe if they made it a little less powerful than Pic's SBC. Or, if they made the blinding effect last a little longer, something to make it worth using rather than a generic beam.
the blinding effect is good enough, you just have to act fast on it. and also, generic beams can take out a lot of other beams in power struggles because they don't have a limit to how much ki you can pump into them...

Best answers
a generic beam makes more damage than burning attack. i think it should make 150% damage of a generic, this mean 1 and a half

Best answers
i think they should set the damage much higher, so it can compete with kamehamehas or gallit guns, because trunks doesnt have a big nuke "beam" just his blast...

Best answers
Well ya but people just want to know how to change the names around that's all.. same with Gohan's Powerbeam... it's pretty much masenko so I wanna rename it!.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok... he definitely doesn't blow up gero's lab with a burning attack. He uses an unnamed BEAM. Emphasis on the beam part. He juts his arms back, then throws them forward, and fires a beam. That's not a burning attack.

It is a distraction when he uses it (once against freeza, once in a movie vs. android 18) thus the blinding effect. That's the whole purpose of the attack. If it was made into a technique specifically designed to kill, to nuke like kamehameha, then we would be ignoring the ENTIRE POINT OF THE ATTACK.

The invisible beam trail sounds like a really good idea to me.

A guy pointed out somewhere on these forums that finishing buster is actually a large beam attack which he uses to kill cell (when he goes back to his timeline) as opposed to the ball attack that is seen in the SNES game. So maybe that could be his big nuke beam... it'd make more sense. And yeah it was it... check the japanese version, he actually says "Finishing Buster" when he throws it.

almostdeleted

A
It should look like a not fully charge death ball and do as much damage as death ball. :p :tired:

Best answers
im sure its just a big blue sphere which has appeared gold at times, about 3 - 4 times bigger than the bba

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom