A thought about Detonation

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some people think being able to detonate your beams in mid-air is strategic, and others think it aids special spam. Personally I've never seen them use beam detonation in a real fight on the show, but whatever floats your boat. Either way, I would propose something in the middle: Detonation at the cost of ki. They already kind of do this in DMZ (though you might never know with how often the game crashes), where you can spend extra ki to detonate a beam in mid air. I think this would help reduce the special spam by draining ki more quickly, and make detonation a bit more tactical, without removing it completely. How much ki? I don't know. Maybe it should depend on how much you've already put into the beam.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think being able for the server admin to shut it off before starting a server would be a better sollution. So then only some servers would have the problem.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well there is some method to the detonation madness. If you fire a beam at someone and they float a little to the side of it you've just become the ultimate sitting duck for melee. Even if detonating didn't do any damage to anyone it would still have a practical application, and I simply believe it should cost you a little something.

Best answers
They should just replace detonation with detaching. They detach in the show when they miss, they dont detonate. You can't detonate in the show I dont know where this idea came from.

For all those people who are gunna say "well then people will detach in a ps they are losing", well for those simple minded people i say "can u detonate in the middle of a power struggle?"

Best answers
I say rather than detonating beams, right-click detaches the beam. Therefor you can get yourself moving if you miss. But you can no longer control the beam either. (Maybe it gets weaker too because you are'nt putting power into it anymore?)

Seems logical to me. Non?

Best answers
yeah but then youd have people droppin out of psing and all the beams would just be used like piccolos sbc. Theres been a few threads about detaching beams and the majority of the people didnt like the idea.
But i like the idea where it costs ki to detonate a beam though.

Best answers
Originally posted by Morrone

For all those people who are gunna say "well then people will detach in a ps they are losing", well for those simple minded people i say "can u detonate in the middle of a power struggle?"
Originally posted by Morrone

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure I understand. You can't detonate in the middle of power struggles.

Best answers
yeah but you detonate in the middle of a ps and you usually get killed. If you would detach you could fly out and hit the person whos still psing with your detached beam.

Best answers
Omfg you people are UNBELIEVABLE!!!

YOU CANT ****ING DETONATE IN A ****ING POWER ****ING STRUGGLE SO IF THEY WERE TO REPLACE DETONATE WITH ****ING DETACHING YOU WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO DETACH IN A ****ING POWER STRUGGLE.

UNDERSTAND?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dunno, i like the idea of detonation better. with the whole detatchment i see people detatching before the power struggle so they can go around and smack the other guy up while he struggles against nothing. detonating a beam is better in that situation...

Best answers
whooaaa buddy calm down, theres no need to get all riled up. No one else is all hyper and spazzin so theres no need to go all freakish. But im not even gonna reply, go read the rest of the threads on this topic and youll find that its generally agreed that detachable beams are a bad idea.
(sorry if i ticked you off morone, guess i didnt understand what chall were talkin about)

Best answers
But detonating is something the team made up that never exists, and u cant hit someone with melee in a power struggle, and if you can do the same with a projectile.

EDIT: Dude its not that I care if you agree with my point f view its just that I cant believe oyu people dont even understand the words coming out of my mouth. A 3rd grader could.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually now that I think about it... I've seen them detonate their blasts in power struggles in the movies. Never when they were just firing into the air, but when they when two guys were in a power struggle they'd blow both of their beams and smack each other in the middle.

Best answers
no. They didn't detonate. it was when the power involved was so large, that an explosion took place and both beams were of equal strength, thus they cancelled each other out

Best answers
detonating is raw. detaching is stupid, I mean if you can detach that'd suck, all the attacks would be like sbc. Atleast with detonating it makes it cooler, I love planning a perfect shot in between to people and going BOOM.

Best answers
they did havethe abilityto deatch beams in earlier versions (1.5 and the one after that i think) needless to say it was *** becuase some foo would shoot one beam deatch then fire another in rapid succession..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom