How about a little variation?

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As they are in-game right now, burning attack, Final Flash, and Kamehameha are all a kind of beam that you can direct at one point or another and move around in the air. In the show however, burning attack isn't that kind of beam, and neither is Final Flash. If you remember how Final Flash worked against Cell it was more like a focused explosion of energy than a directed wave like the kamehameha. Burning attack was used as a close range wide area effect blast that finished off Frieza. Is there any chance that these attacks will be altered to more correctly suit the show in the future, or do we want them all to be different strengths and speeds of the same attack?

Best answers
i thought vegeta moved the FF away from earth after it hit cell or something (if you watch the scene again, it seems like the beam is reflected/moved away from cell/the-earth ) so either it's deflected by cell, or vegeta moved it away. i thought vegeta moved it, because it seemed that cell was surprised and didn't have time to think about deflecting it (that's what i thought!) and besides, his arm was cut. so how did he deflect it? but then why didn't it explode in cell's face???

i think that vegeta moved it, but someone tell me, did he "controll it" and move it away. or did cell deflect it?!?!?!!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cell had no arm to deflect it with after he was hit. Vegeta was trying not to destroy the earth so he pulled up. It still isn't the same kind of beam as the kamehameha.

*Edit: The word beam isn't the right word either. The only real beams in dbz are Dodon ray, laser eyes, Demon Ray, and frieza beam. Most everything else is a wave.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not even sure he pulled up. That blast didn't even look controllable. Maybe he just threw it with an arc or something.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what it looked like, he just fired the thing straight, but instead of sucumbing to gravity and curving around the earth it just kept going on a linear path right off the earth.

Best answers
LOL well it just may be me but it looked like it kinda bounced off the water lol

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But you see what I'm saying, right? It is nothing like they've designed it in past DBZ mods or this one. Neither is Burning Attack. Would it be too difficult to make it more accurate?

Best answers
What happened was that all the z fighters were like, hey, thats way too much power for the earth to handle, you gonna blow it up

See, they were thinkin it was gonna do the gohan vs cell thing and be like a huge cone blast

but what he did was make the beam small but SUPER concentrated rather than the recklessness of KHHs, thats how it didnt nuke the earth

Best answers
you said
If you remember how Final Flash worked against Cell it was more like a focused explosion of energy than a directed wave like the kamehameha
i assumed you mean it shouldn't be controlable..?
then you said

Vegeta was trying not to destroy the earth so he pulled up
so he controled it ...

what i was saying is: it's fine the way it is now. he can controll it. and it is hard (in ESF) to control it, like .. it's "heavier" to move than say.. kamehameha.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster:

I'm not even sure he pulled up. That blast didn't even look controllable. Maybe he just threw it with an arc or something.
The attack doesn't look controllable at all. It looks like a more powerful and faster attack than the kamehameha, with a wider area for more devestation. I'm pretty sure at this point that he just aimed high for fear of destroying the earth.

Regardless, Final Flash is nothing like ESF's version of it. The attack itself is the blast radius, shooting out in front, getting wider before it hits the enemy, and when it does it hits with a lot of force. Even the kamehameha doesn't just explode and do area effect damage; almost every single time it is used on the show it either misses entirely or it destroys its opponent while the opponent is stuck in the wave. Yes, it is a wave, not a beam. Burning attack is neither...

Best answers
I think it would be cool if final flash only exploded once it hit terrain. If it hit a player who wasn't blocking, it would just cut through them and keep on going until it hits terrain. Same if you lost a blockstruggle with it.

Scruffie

S
That is the one thing that annoys me about ESF, all the beams explode... even Frieza Finger laser.

Final Flash seems like more of an outburst of extreme power that just devestates anything in its path and does NOT explode whenever it hits something...

Burning attack is almost exactly the same, only Trunks doesn't put the same amount of energy into it as Vegetas Final Flash.

And Final Flash wasn't affected by Earths gravity, so it just shot off Earth in a straight line, just like The Kamehameha did in the Cell Saga.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It'd be cool to fire off a final flash that was like the one on the show. A giant blast going out from the user, going all the way across the map and getting wider as it reached the end. It wouldn't be nearly as wide as it is right now, but right now it is totally rediculous. It wouldn't just detonate when it hit someone, instead it would nail them for about 80 damage a second while they were caught in the blast. It would have to travel pretty quickly across the level too, perhaps double krillin's kienzan? Anyway, you see what I'm saying. It shouldn't be a slow controllable beam that nukes the level. Burning attack should be wide and short, like a big solar flare that does damage but doesn't blind you as long. Masenko is the only beam that acts basically the same in ESF as it does on thet show.

Edit* On the show Picollo can't fire off a Masankosappo (Demon ray) and fly off before it hits his opponent either. Remember the battle against Cell? He fired a steady stream into Cell's back.

Edit* Big Bang isn't a projectile either.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
yea finger laser was called friezas piercing beam(in american at least) and it went straight thru the victim, but i dunno if that would be hard to code for esf...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with the final flash stuff. It just being an outburst of energy and ignored earth's pull and went straight off (NOT like gohan's kameha. Gohan's kamehameha was directed upward when it hit cell.) It was huge... you could see it from space.
That "x damage per second" thing sounds like a good idea. It'd basically be a giant, conical super powerful ki blob. It'd be nice.

Burning attack is a ball attack though. Just look at it the two times trunks uses it... against freeza it's hard to tell I guess because of the strange flashy line effects n stuff, but looking at the History of Trunks movie it's nothing but a simple ball of energy.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
He must have used a different attack against frieza, because that was no ball.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ohhh yeaHHHH!?

Well I still say it's a ball. I guess I can't really prove it until I find a clip... I used to have one on realplayer but it's not workin ne more :/

Best answers
It was a ball/projectile. It was used as a distraction for his real attack. If he was actually trying to use it to kill Frieza I think he wouldn't have made it so easy for Frieza to dodge it. If it was a beam he would have had to keep going with it and it wouldnt have been a distraction but a primary attack used to kill Frieza, which it wasnt.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Acctually the only reason why the Final Flash seemed like
just a direct "Explosion" was because Vegeta put all his energy
into it. He even went USSJ to put more energy into it. But when
he used it on a Cell Jr., He wasn't as berserk as he was then. And
it was clearly a beam, the Cell Jr. punched it and it started getting
all wavy then he through it somewhere else.

Burning Attack is a BALL. I been trying to tell these people that
but they dont listen. Finishing Buster is a BEAM.

Also before the Final Flash hit Cell they drew it like a first person
view thing and you see the FF coming at cell from the FF view.

EDIT: Acctually, just look at DMZ. Burning Attack looked just like
that with the little thingies coming out of it.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Final Flash is still nothing like the beam it is in ESF. I don't recall him using it against a Cell junior but I haven't seen those episodes for a while now so I can't argue. Blast or ball the burning attack is just implamented wrong. I'd like to know if they are going to correct any of it.

Miscelanious: Big bang is a blue wave like the kamehameha, just more focused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom