Destructable maps?

Best answers
Are there any destructable maps....... that could add some play points to this alredy great mod!!!!!!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no destructable maps eather dont look good or cause major rspeed loss which is why there arnt any in esf

its a known fact u just cant make a map with good destructable entities and make it look as good as the rest of the esf maps

Best answers
hmmmm.... Not really... i think you can have best maps to have destructable objects ... this is a good one for the esf team when you transform you also load the power to destroy buildings , but when the person that you shot at dies the object that got destroyed trying to kill him will became normal again.......:D

Best answers
Only fast computer could play a destructable map. I was going to make my school with lots of breakable windows but they don't break when you get hit back by a punch or kick. It would be cool if you get kicked away through lots of windows and walls :shocked:

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some of you seem to have forgotten that we are playing half life, not red faction. Think about how old this engine is. It has enough trouble showcasing your character's transformation to Super Saiyan in game without slowing down. We don't need a hundred unique entities under entities scattered across the map. This was also discussed in the faq. Read it.

Best answers
Goooddd...... hhhhmmmmmm..... but i think it is a way to do that without charging entities on the map ..... i'll give it a go .... and try to make one.. just to see if it work ...........

Best answers
Originally posted by MOSU
Goooddd...... hhhhmmmmmm..... but i think it is a way to do that without charging entities on the map ..... i'll give it a go .... and try to make one.. just to see if it work ...........
The HL engine doesnt have geomod. You might as well just drop it.

Best answers
What's bad in a try...... i'll styl do it..... it's to good for not be added.... so .. i'll just try it..... who knows if i'll do it .....

Best answers
I don't think fast computers would have a problem with a breakable map. But HL will crash some times.

Best answers
NormanJf is there a wai to load geomod on halflife? or pls tell me haw you did the brackable windows?

Best answers
i've played destructable maps on HL engine b4. wat about all the windows in like counter-strike, or the destuctable moutains and terrain in some DMZ maps. i dont see y ESF team cant make like a desrtuctable ring in Cell Games level, or something like that

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be a waste of time. If a map lasts 20 minutes and all the mountains are destroyed at the start by one person who spams 3 kamehamehas it was all for nothing. ESF is unstable enough as it is.

Best answers
well u could make the desrtcuable stuff really strong...i remmeber in 1 map it took me like 10 fully charged final flashes to blow up 1 sextion of a mountain during alpha.

Best answers
All of the r-speed quotes are old news and I accept them as "the way things are", having mapped a little myself. However, the trees in this mod are entities, aren't they? They could be destructible. Obviously they wouldn't last very long, but if people have to have destructible objects that could be done with a minimum of fuss.

Just a thoughtl.

Best answers
All of the r-speed quotes are old news and I accept them as "the way things are", having mapped a little myself. However, the trees in this mod are entities, aren't they? They could be destructible. Obviously they wouldn't last very long, but if people have to have destructible objects that could be done with a minimum of fuss.

Just a thought.

Best answers

Just a thought.

Best answers
LOL 3 times the same post :rolleyes:

MOSU: NormanJf is there a wai to load geomod on halflife? or pls tell me haw you did the brackable windows?
You can't load the geomod engine into HL, but you can also make breakable things in HL. Nearly everything can be destructable. You can choose how much health every entity has and if it explodes or just breaks. Download worldcraft and read a tutorial

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom