After recording a game question!

Best answers
I like to record a game and show it to some friends of mine.
But when you play the demo your playerview will be in the person
it self.
So my question is if you could change this.
It would be cool if you could see your player as you normaly do in ESF!
Is there a solution to this?
If so please tell me o_o

Best answers
Since in HL and most other HL mods there is no 3rd person view thats why the demo would only be in First person. I think there is a console command that lets you change the angle so it is 3rd person view but not exactly. I don't remember it off the top of my head but I will look and repost here, unless somone else does before me.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All I know is that it *is* possible to do a third person in gaem video, the team did it before they released the mod. I just forget hjow it works :p

-Karrde-

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
well in snigle player half life..there was actually a "cheat" to change the view, i foind it at gamewinners or gamefaqs somewheres

Best answers
press F4 while the demo is playing.
or pull down the console and type
thirdperson

Best answers
cool thanks i was having the same trouble switching to third person view in a demo. Also does anyinbe know how to get the transformation effects to show up in a demo, currently it only seams to work with vegeta, a i doing something wrong or is my computer ready for the junk heap?

Best answers
well .. i don't know, sometimes it works sometimes not. it seems to me that if you start tranforming in the very begginning of the recording, it doesn't show any effects, if you do it after a while it works.
there are coupla other problems with demos. and it seems to have some dificulties at the start.
-sometimes it will show gordon model in the first second, then switches to the appropriate character model.
-this one is wierd. i recorded a demo in esf_islan map. then the map changed, i stoped the demo. the new map was esf_cell_day. i recorded another demo after a few minutes. for my surprise the cell_day demo was displayed in esf_island map! O_O
in other words, i recorded a demo in esf_cell_Day and when i play the demo it plays it in esf_island!!!!!
-beams and power up particles will look kinda wierd, like they are 2d papers or somthing (not even sprites).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom