About Beams

Best answers
Ok umm..
Does anyone agree with me about when the explostion of your own beam hits you it should take less damage.
Because it make ESF seem less DBZ fantasy like. Its like i shoot a beam everyone in the server dies including me. I cant even teleport with SSJ goku when doing a warp kamehameha without thinking about the explostion of the blast will be killing me aswell.

Im not complaining about the beams its just an idea.

NOTE: please vote i want to know what you all think.

Best answers
i totaly agree with you cuz the point of ESF is now:

fight as normaal to get SSJ and then.... well i mostly quit the server cuz it gets lame when you get to 10 mill.

the PL for becoming SSJ should be higher then it becomes harder to go SSJ BUT the balance system could get in the way cuz if SSJ is @ 10 or 25 mill then when you go SSJ your PL is going to be 50 mill and then whan you join a server and get killed your PL will boost to 10 or 15 mill in a sec.

i dunno how you get the game better and longer lasting but you'll find a way i'm sure :p

Best answers
I'd also have to agree. I've heard many people saying, "Oh, I wish I could do what Goku did to Cell with his instant-transmission Kamehameha." I think the ability to be near someone and hit them with your own beam, without blowing a chunk out of your health or killing yourself, is definately necessary.

After all, Ki is one's life force... life energy directed into a physical attack. One's own life energy shouldn't necessarily destroy the same body out of which it was taken. If someone does try that Goku/Cell move in a game now, there will be more than one little death notice in the upper right hand corner.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah Vaelar. See then people could just detonate FF's right in front of their face and only take a couple points of damage, while killing every around them.

I think beam predetonations should just do less damage to EVERYONE. But explosions caused by the beam colliding with mountains or other people should still do. I'm sick of people jumping up and down and predetonating kamehameha's. It's the dumbest, most unbalanced part of the game. Beams aren't even supposed to be able to predetonate anyway.

It should be made so that the only point in predetonating would be just so you can get ready for melee rather than just watch your beam fly off. It would make actually HITTING your opponent more of a priority, like it is in the show. But detonation would still do a little damage.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I, myself - personally, feel that the beams should not have massive, round explosions at all. I've never seen a kamehameha explode like a butterfly bomb and kill every enemy and ally in the area of effect. I would much rather see the size of beams increase and see the explosions go outword in the direction of the beam.

Right now: (from one side)
............................____________
........................../.....................\
......................../.........................\
....................../........The explosion...\
---------------|----------*................|
(/\ = The attack being fired)

Should be: (from one side)

......................................_____________
..................................../.......................\
................................../...........................\
................................/...explosion................\
------------------------*..............................|
It's a crappy diagram but you get the idea. Not a radius based on the center of the explosion going out everwhere, but just out from the front going wherever it is pointing, so that the user doesn't get killed every time he detonates within 80 feet of himself. It should still blast back like 20 feet or something though, but not that much.

Best answers
kinda like a nuclear explotion, more blast damage at ground zero, but less as you get higher... hmmm

I to have had some problems with the way damage was being given out through the explosions. Some of the attacks are simply put, too big at the power levels that people get them at. Kame-wavs reach there max radius around 4mill PL. Which is easy to get to if you are a good player. Or if you join late in the game and everyone has already gone ssj all you have to do is die alot and you will eventually reach 2-4mill PL. And when you play on a small map(esf_mtside) with alot of people playing Goku, Gohan, and Cell the Kame-wavs just keep coming. and with the ability to pre-detonate their explosion its hard to not get hurt, since you cannot block struggle someone who has figured out how to pre-detonate their kame-wav 10 meters infront of you face. Or charges up a kame-wav and throws it at their feet knowing that the blast radius is large enought to chatch 2-3 players in it.

In my opinion, blast radius should get larger with PL but at much hught PLs. Instead of getting max radius around 3-4mill PL it should be more like 10-15mill PL before enitre maps are covered with the blast from a beam. because it is fun to see you beam's blast cover the entire map and still kill several people at once.

Best answers
im not smart so i dunno what your talking about ecept something that you want changed in the explosion.

Best answers
I like the idea of taking a little less damage dfrom your own attacks when they explode to close to you. It dosn't have to be a great amount, just a little, i cool with that.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just want to know why I can't survive my own power struggles? Hell, all I have to do is let the beams sit in the center of the struggle for a while and it'll kill everyone on the map, friends and foes alike. Didn't I win the power struggle? Didn't I!?!? It should blow up that big, but towards him, and away from me.

Best answers
Seriously i have NEVER seen a kamehameha EXPLODE AND KILL SOMEONE in dragonballz. Not EVEN Final Flash did a exremly high explostion. Mabe big bang lol. NOT Speacial Beam cannon. seriously ive never seen em do big explostions. Ive seen masenko do big one but in the game it does little ones. Also when like eg. Goku does a kamehameha right infront of cell it didnt KILL or hurt (im not sure about hurt lol) goku.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
there to simple ways of fixing this.

A. make the models gib faster. (When you gib the model with a beam the beam keeps moving.. hehe.. especially in the Alphas beam orientated play I wasted more ppl behind each other like this)

B. Let ki absorb damage.... This will also keep the fights on fair long (like melee) which also matches the games. I bet ya can do 10 min fights lol. But this would rock. btw.. we waste ki fast enought. Especially with beams and all. :)

(incase of B. make getting hurt without ki higher and kireload by player slower on low life. :))

And I should post this in suggest. o_o

Best answers
Well now that everyone is thinking about it and got me thinking about it, beams should change. First off on the show beams aren't beams really they are waves. They wash over the enemy going past them and killing them that way. They never blow up when hitting someone they only blow up when they hit the ground. And they have blown up in a circle. But usually its been a big mushroom cloud explosion. Though some attacks are beams with a ball at the end like in the show and they do blow up and they use less ki. And when the attacks are waves they are usually very powerful or a despiration. So if you ask me what ESF should do is when a beam attack has a little ki it is a beam and blows up when hitting anything and you can detonate it. When it has a medium amount of ki it is a wave but a thin wave and blows up when hitting surfaces like the ground or walls and washes over the enemy when it hits them. When it has a lot of ki then it will be a big wave (like Vegeta's Final Flash he used in cell) and washes over the enamy and never exploids. The beam just keeps going until you let it go by right clicking. Then I think there should be a despiration mode where if you have low health (about 20% or less) and about a third of your ki to half your ki then you can make any attack a despiration. With the Renzoku Energy Dan you go bezerk like Vegeta. With Beams its like the above and with balls they get bigger and deadlier. Least thats what I think.

Best answers
Maybe the damage done to the person shooting the beam should just be halved ,in the brolly movie, when Goku is standing in front of Brolly and shoots him with that giant kamehameha, Goku doesn't drop dead like he would've in ESF:p

Best answers
Heh it be better beams if you hit someone and it hits you aswell it takes less off you and alot off them lol. Also i wanna know the reason why peole are picking no.

V'

Best answers
The one thing that mkaes me mad about the beams, is it dosent go through the bodys when you kill them.Thats what happened when Goku did the super kame wave, the beam went straight through cell and totally anihalated Cell's upper torso.So, if we could just some how get the beams to go through the chracter like that, then we would be able to have less explosions.Maybe, when the person is at like 9 hp or something,the beam will go through him if the person dosent block or get out of the way.

Best answers
or just delete the predetonate thing.

insert the old alpha 1.8 beamunbend so your beam flies straight into the destination where it was flying to. and when its unbend add a trail to the projectile.

Best answers
Originally posted by V'
The one thing that mkaes me mad about the beams, is it dosent go through the bodys when you kill them.Thats what happened when Goku did the super kame wave, the beam went straight through cell and totally anihalated Cell's upper torso.So, if we could just some how get the beams to go through the chracter like that, then we would be able to have less explosions.Maybe, when the person is at like 9 hp or something,the beam will go through him if the person dosent block or get out of the way.
hey man i agree with a ya 100%.

Best answers
here they should make all beam attacks go right through someone if it does enough damage like if the person has 1,000,000PL and you fire a Final Flash and you are 10,000,000 it SHOULD not explode on impact it should just make then explode (in HL fashon) and keep going like nothing happend (maby make it drain a small amout of ki when it hits the person) that would be MUCH more to the show as with and beam attack that is very powerful it doesnt explode when it hits the enemy it just keeps going...

Best answers
I don't think you should take any damage at all... I also think if the beam is strong enough it should continue on after killing the person... Like with goku and cell in the cell games saga.. Goku instant transmissions infront of Cell and blows his upper body off... I think something like that should be put in..!

Best answers
Also another thing has anyone noticed how SMALL the kamehameha beam looks. Or how small the Final Flash looks. Cause man in the show there HUGE.

NOTE: Remeber im not complaining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom