Plz Read!

Best answers
Well there have been a few err ;/ rummors about Beta 1.1

I have heard one thats is probobly true and it really bugs me.

In Beta 1.1 the melee sytem will be completely changed. I really got good at using this one and it will really piss me off.

If I actually wanted a melee system other than this one I would be playin dmz and kicking the air because u cant kick straight ( Im not flamin)

So please if u r changing the melee system think about changing it back in future versions if this one will not be pleasent. :smile:

V'

Best answers
To answer your question no the melee system will not change.The only thing that will happen in melee is the head on collision factor.What I've heard is that it depends on your ki not your ping.The team I think will change the system in 2.0.(not anytime soon I hope.)

Best answers
i doubt the team will even change the current system too much, but they will simply add in advanced melee struggles and such. (hehe that rhymed, ive been in my eng lit course waaayyy too long) But yeah, it will just get better and better, supposedly using trunk's sword is different (and a little more complicated too) so yeah, we'll just wait and see

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Cheeto101
i doubt the team will even change the current system too much, but they will simply add in advanced melee struggles and such. (hehe that rhymed, ive been in my eng lit course waaayyy too long) But yeah, it will just get better and better, supposedly using trunk's sword is different (and a little more complicated too) so yeah, we'll just wait and see
In Beta 1.2 melee is getting redone. It will act NOTHING like the current melee system. Unfortunetly trunks sword ( in the soon to come beta 1.1 ) is like regular melee, with some "advantages"... We didnt have the time to make it like real sword melee, you can probably expect that in beta 1.2.

Best answers
Totally redone??? Whoa, you mean all us "melee whores" will need to change our style. Crrrraazzziinneessss

Best answers
All i heard about is meele struggles and im excited im O.K at this current meele system and to ad meele struggles is awsome cause i always have full ki when i hit someone, Always

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
relax the sword will get some good advantages

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Woah woah woah.......... woah....................... w-o-a-h............ so you're saying that all of the time I've spent on working up my reaction times and melee skills will be thrown to the wind? Have a heart man. At least give us some clue as to what we can expect to see.

Best answers
How about not and keep it a total surpise? I like suprises. :laff:

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The current melee is wayyyy too shallow, we need a deeper and more involved system.

Best answers
true, but not too different, the whole swoop thing is awesome, just add in some melee struggles (to players right click at same time, and they go into a struggle where a bunch of fast fighting animations are played or something like that) and say if you click block the instant they hit you you could grab them and throw them. And there could be an offensive throw move too. But the whole swoop smash thing is awesome though, dont take it out.

Best answers
Originally posted by Pcjoe
The current melee is wayyyy too shallow, we need a deeper and more involved system.
I totally agree. The melee is too empty, needs to be spiced up with some real melee not just slaming constantly. Slaming should still be a capability but not so easily. Maybe a melee system more like mortal kombat...

Best answers
I like suprisses too! :] the ESF team wont do anything to make the game worse. so just sit back and relax!!!!!! the new system will be bad a$$

Best answers
too hard to do with h/l engine, plus right now with the large scale of the maps and such, how are you going to fly right up to a person, stop at a perfect distance to punch and kick them and stay at that distance with the other person moving?? its like impossible. You would need some kind of fixed position.

Best answers
Like I said before the melee system would be bad if it was changed, I play esf because of melee, its so cool doing a 4x combo, anywho I think since Joe said its shallow just add stuff like melee struggles or some more effects or something but leave the block + counter, hit + tele and the rest of the combos and stuff. It makes esf what it is ( atleast thats what I think ) :talk:

Best answers
PCJoe is the best meleer in ESF. So if he says its shallow, its shallow. Hes not gunna screw up the melee system for worse. Hes one of the people who invented it and he's only gunna make things better. Dont worry, ESF will only become more worth while in time.

Best answers
Well thats true, but I got very good at melee and I just dont want all my skillz to go. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom