Fix the Beams like in the show!

Best answers
Hey, This is my first post on the forums! I've been playing esf for a while now, so no stuoid noob jokes!

In the show, the beams explode outward, like an energy explosion flying from their hands. The beams on esf explode like Vegeta's self-deteonation. I think that it would be awesome to have the blasts explode outwards so they wouldn't kill the person firing, because only one person in dbz died from own attack (Frieza), not counting detonations. Because i have no idea how to code or whatever, I was wondering if doing this would be possible?

All I do is make dbz music vids, not progam :laff:

Best answers
listen ,... the beta 1.1 is almost come out so ...

they cant do something serious now.... :S

Best answers
Thats something they may tweak in later versions. All you can do is keep your fingers crossed; other than that the beams will always be fine. (Im not with or against)

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you couldnt kill yourself with the beam people would probably abuse it.
* Someone is flying to you *
* You charge up a kame as as ssj *
* Hes 5 feet infront of your face *
* You shoot + Blow up the kame *
* Hes dead, your left untouched *

Repeat that 100 times and you have a kame spamming n00b who doesnt die, and gets to piss everyone off :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Pcjoe
If you couldnt kill yourself with the beam people would probably abuse it.
* Someone is flying to you *
* You charge up a kame as as ssj *
* Hes 5 feet infront of your face *
* You shoot + Blow up the kame *
* Hes dead, your left untouched *

Repeat that 100 times and you have a kame spamming n00b who doesnt die, and gets to piss everyone off :)
solution for that kick him.If its his server leave:cool:

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beams are great as they are. I like how you can hurt yourself. Makes ya think twice before sending of your attack. Forces you to gague how much damage it's going to do to you.

-Karrde-

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you had the beams like this would'nt half look cool!!

Imagen you get blasted with a beam and instead of it blowing up in your face, it caves around your whole body...i think it would be ace but something would have to be done about close up encounters with people and self-damage

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Read my thread about more traditional beams in the suggestion section. I don't think they should be nuclear anyhow, but you should still take damage for blowing them up next to yourself.

Best answers
yay at last my replie button works,anyway our wish lists that me make will probley never come true because as you all know the half life engine is,,,,
A) past its sell by date

B)has almost reached its limations

C)aint quite cutting it anymore

oh well,dont get me wrong i love esf but some things cant be pushed much more

Best answers
Yeah, I can see how exploding them on yourself like standing next to a biulding should blow up yourself, but as far as someone flying into your beam and u not getting hurt, well that's dbz style.

And any noob dumb enough to charge a beam up in my face would have his rear smacking dirt, so yeah. That would be cool. Does anyone know how this would be possible to do?

If so, please tell me. And if anyone thinks that this would be a cool thing to add for beta 2, recommend it.

Best answers
I like the way beams are right now but i just wish that they didn't deal so much damage to yourself when you do win a PS. I wouldn't ask for total immunity from your attacks just a little damage reduction from the blast radius if you do win the PS.

Best answers
Originally posted by Mister Satan
yay at last my replie button works,anyway our wish lists that me make will probley never come true because as you all know the half life engine is,,,,
A) past its sell by date

B)has almost reached its limations

C)aint quite cutting it anymore

oh well,dont get me wrong i love esf but some things cant be pushed much more
ONCE AGAIN THE ENGINE ISSUE; THIS IS MY 2 CENTS. (bah caps i aint typing that);

1) first for a old engine it still kicks ass, limitations you say? well the way valve is milking hl they will probably realease an engine update patch in the future you never know it can happen. Also with sdk comming out and such theres always something new 3 years ago you couldnt make a mod like this but look at them here now.

2). fan base: hl has a huge fan base b/c everyones computers can run every half-life engine out there; lets say they move it too ut2k3 thats about 10% from here who can run ut2k3 effiently and with the mod tweaking ut2k3 just a bit would cost much performance.

3) the wheel is old we still use it right; this applies to half-life as well.

4) somewhere in the agenda i think (not for 1.1) i saw major tweakage of the engiine to push limits or something like that. I think they know what they are doing with the engine and i have a gut feeling they can accomplish what they want with this engine, it will just take them alonger time
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom