Halflife engine and ESF ?

Best answers
eh i just wanted to say that ESF is quite good
but maybe there is a better game with a better engine ?
because i don't think you can make everything work
for example :

if you play buu that you blow in several pieces and you can regenerate that the pieces are smoothly and that they soft and stuff

i could be wrong ofcourse. you tell me :D

Best answers
half-life is a really popular game, othergames maybe can do that but the coding language halflife is using is the best(i heared) and they won't change the engines.

Best answers
what i heard or understand is that the Halflife engine is the easiest engine to mod. but i also heard that the Unreal 2003 engine was even easier.. just what ive heard

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok heres the thing. For the team to switch to a new engine means they need to learn how to do it all over again which would mean no esf releases for about 2 years. I dont know about you but I rather have them stay on the hl engine and continue getting updates for it.

Best answers
Hmmm, what do you like better Cucumba?
Star Wars or Dragonball Z?
But, to stay on topic...
I saw somebody had posted a link to the site of another DBZ mod called Saviour of Strength and curious as I am I went to take a look.
It was based on the Quake II engine and I'm pretty much a Quake-hater but what I saw was absolutely incredible.
The team had utilized the Quake II engine but they had given it a complete make-over.
I'm not trying to say that ESF doesn't look good, on the contrary, but is it possible with the HL engine to achieve the same graphical quality as in SOS?
That would be pretty cool.

Best answers
i thought the quake engine was a completely different engine.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Ghoststalker
as far as i know the HL engine is a modified quake 2 engin.

Actually it is a very modified quake 1 engine with some code from quake 2 but most of it is quake 1.

Best answers
Theres another engine called Lightcube and u can make a standalone mod with it.

Sorry for my bad english.

Best answers
But the engine they use for SOS must be a very very very modified Quake 2 engine than because the graphics are truly magnificent.

Best answers
so basicly half life is the quake I.5 engine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom