Beta 2.0

Best answers
I was wondering if the release will take a few months or a (few) year(s).
Can someone give me a hint?
o_O
Than at least I know how long I've got to wait, and than I'll just ;D about it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its done when its done, but ill wager around 6 months or so after 1.1

Best answers
it will take a while, think how long it took for 1.1 and they only added like 2 new features and the rest were fixes... dont get ur hopes up.

Hsu

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
2.0 will not be around for a long time. 1.1 is not even out yet and there is still going to be 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and so on.

Best answers
yup, lotsa new stuff to go in before beta 2.0. New melee system, maybe a new class (adult gohan) and other sweet stuff. We got a while to wait.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
well. it depends really,, it depends on the team. will a team member leave, or they add a teammember.. or how hard they work. etc etc..

Best answers
why would they change the melee system i like it as it is but they could fix bus in it

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm guessing the basics will still be there for melee (IE Swoop and attack). At the least it will have advanced melee struggles which mean that there will be a s5truggle instead of whoever has a better ping wins.

-Karrde-

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well looking at how long we have to wait for 1.1 i'd say 1 year.

Best answers
Definitley more than a year. Beta 1.1 isnt even out yet and its been a few months. After all the other patches I'd say 2 1/2 years from beta 1.1 release concidering that comes out in a month. If more than a month I'd say 3 years or more till beta 2.0. Thats a good estimate.

Best answers
the melee system is a bit dry right now...there should be more too it than: try to hit - get blocked - get hit ur self- or block until the other person attacks- and then hit them...its repetitive after a while

Best answers
i think you should justjump right to 2.0 NOW because every day lots of ppl quit cuz theres not enough classes and they are not different enough, all similar

add like THE MOTHERLOAD of characters than just start 2.1, 2.2 etc.

now THATS the way to get a popular mod, trust me

and thats what they do on counterr-strike:

big patch, 3 little patches, big patch, big patch, 2 littles, 1 big,

thats it from the cs-readme, try THAT

remember: WE WANT CHARS the game is very playable with the bugs as is, fun first or else youll have a new patch with only 2 ppl playen the mod

DONT get this mod gone dead for our sake....

good luck

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright Strife, feel free to add yourself to the "many people" who "quit cuz theres not enough classes." I'm pretty sure nobody on the forums would miss you... I know I wouldn't. It would be one less person on the forums pretending to speak for the entire community by spouting bull**** and trying to tell the team how to do their job. We already know that people are still downloading the mod in hordes, so there's no worry about the mod dying off just because you're tired of it. Go play something else.

And don't try to speak for the rest of us. You sure as hell don't speak for me, and I know most of us aren't *****ing and threatening to quit because there are only 8 characters with unique attacks and strategies. The bugs that are in game right now are not fine, they crash servers and end matches. How about quality over quantity? DON'T try to tell ME what I think.

Excuse me for being offended by this ridiculous self-inflating rhetoric. I don't take kindly to trolls.

Best answers
LMFAO!!!!!! go sonic go :laff:

ya where do u get this lotz of ppl thing do ppl come and tell u personally when they are leaving i dont think so... i bet everyone to you is like 5 ppl.

also its more personally rewarding to be playing "sinse beta so and so" plus ppl who left may very well come back in later version.

why are ppl so eager for beta 2 to come out ...just enjoy the game for what it is right now and wait patiently untill they release updates.

counter-strikes updates about once every year and thats only going up from 1.4 to 1.5 for example.

and rushing beta is a horrible idea and will no doubtedly LOSE ppl because it will either screw everthing up and ppl will leave or wont be worth it because the additions will lack effort and quality therefor downgrading the games fun.

Best answers
Originally posted by mr. roshi
LMFAO!!!!!! go sonic go :laff:

ya where do u get this lotz of ppl thing do ppl come and tell u personally when they are leaving i dont think so... i bet everyone to you is like 5 ppl.

also its more personally rewarding to be playing "sinse beta so and so" plus ppl who left may very well come back in later version.

why are ppl so eager for beta 2 to come out ...just enjoy the game for what it is right now and wait patiently untill they release updates.

counter-strikes updates about once every year and thats only going up from 1.4 to 1.5 for example.

and rushing beta is a horrible idea and will no doubtedly LOSE ppl because it will either screw everthing up and ppl will leave or wont be worth it because the additions will lack effort and quality therefor downgrading the games fun.
I agree with roshi there,play 1.0 until version 1.1 comes out

And as for rushing to 2.0......'Don't act rashly',rushing to beta 2.0 will make mistakes.

One more thing,nobody speaks for me,only I do....and people dont take orders here

And another thing,everyone I met say they like this mod and don't plan on leaving,only a handful of them leave because they get beam whored on

Best answers
Man why does every1 talk about 2.0... we havent even made plans for it yet?... How do you know that whats going into 1.1 can be just a big of a jump to 2.0....That made no sense to me.. the part of ( skip 1.1 and go to 2.0) like a lame number is going to make people happy or some crap?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
as with all games

when the next version is announced people start talking about the version after it

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trying to push updates out too fast will only result in things being less than half of what they could be. Take your time, do things over and over again until you get them perfect! Trying to imagine what the game will and won't have in Beta 2.0 is only up to the team to decide, for us average players it's like trying to imagine what life will be like in the year 3000 -- it's too far away.

G-Bear
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
The basics of esf are done now they hav to make more classes which mean more coding more models more skins and animation.

Bugs must get rid of.(more coding)

Some animation must be redone.(more animation)

And ofcourse advance melee system, etc.(much more coding)

Add this all together and you`ll have your answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom