Virus ?!?!?!

Best answers
The istaller doesn't work on my comp so I tried on the one of my dad . he gots norton antivirus. 2000 or something. I set 2 versions of esfbeta1 on cd and when I start the cd , there comes a virus alert on the screen ! for both files ! infected by win32.pifi or something it says... is this real ???? cause I'm dead if my dad finds out ....

pls somebody , check this ...

thx anyway ...:scared: :(

Best answers
hey , aren't you guys interested in this ? .... please ... somebody must help me ... or is it just false alarm ? not with me thought ....

... thx ...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i don´t know where you got your installer, but my norton antivirus hasn´t found anything

Best answers
from fileplanet and I don't remember the other one ... but from a server in the file list of th esf website ...:(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Its almost like that bug in my friends Norton.He scanned for viruses ith his norton anti-virus 2000 or 2001 and the norton found about 21 virus but the norton asked for money to delete them :S he didnt want to pay so he got norton 2003 and it found no viruses:\ .Stange huh??

Best answers
yeah , I've had it to once ... but it's not like this , this is a real copy , bought ... so ... I dunno man ... maybe it is just a mistake of norton ...

Best answers
so its not dangerous ? ok , I hope you're right ...
thx anyway, I'm going to test it within a half hour or something ...

Best answers
Maybe there was some code in the file that Norton AntiVirus finds suspicous and Norton AntiVirus 2003 is more advanced now.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats weird, try dLing another installer and scan it to see if it has a "virus"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what? win32.pifi doesnt have any thing to do with esf so it cant be thato_O

Best answers
Go look at Norton Antivirus FAQ/Tech help next time. There is something in there that tells you Norton recongnizes win32.pifi or whatever as a virus because it changes while windows is running or some junk. Research before you ask.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
win32.pinfi has been getting around it seems, my friend was badly infected with it.
All you need todo is repair all the infected files and remove the registry entry

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom